PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA - i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozen

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my computer since yesterday.
It restarts itself every few minuts. I get a blue screen with
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
Error code is 0x00000050, the other parametrs are different every
time. fffffbf8 appears most often i think.

I would say that this happens randomly,
but I noticed that it happens always when i try to run regedit or
do a search in windows explorer.

I don't have any new drivers installed recently. Last thing i
installed was a usb scanner but that was more then a week ago.

I checked some things that were recommended on microsoft.com.

- It could be caused by variant of the Sdbot virus (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897079/en-us)
First i checked for files: msdirectx.sys, haxdrv.sys, msdrv.exe,
sdkcore.exe and didn't found them.
I also checked drive c with Microsoft Malicous Software removal tool,
but it says that system is clear.
- It could be caused by rootkit spyware programs: Msupd5.exe,
Reloadmedude.exe. I followed steps in this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278/en-us and also didn't
fount anything.

Eventho i had nod32 antivirus i installed Windows Defender, which didn't found anything too.

I don't know what to do next. Please help me.

If you need to know more detail bout a hardware i have tell me what
should i write.

I will be gratefull for any sugestions.

Could be a memory problem. Download and run memtest86 for at least 7 passes. That should tell you if it is a memory problem. The ffffffbf8 may be a memory address.

If that doesn't work download the windows debugging tools and run it. There are a few posts about how to do it. It will tell you what the problem is.

I already downloaded memtest86. I just can't make a bootable cd. Every time i try to burn it to disc i get that darn blue screen. I will try untill i will burn that cd and run those test. And i will post results here. I've seen few results of those test here on forum, but i don't even know what they mean.

Ps. Thank you for sucha quick answer :)

On a memtest86 it says
To build a boot-able CD-ROM use your CD burning software to create an image from the un-zipped ISO file.

I don't know if i understand it so i unzipped it and got memtest.iso file. Then in nero i choosed 'open image' and then burned it.

What i got i a cd with one folder 'boot' and two files in it: MEMTEST.IMG, BOOT.CAT.

u-u i think i didn't do it right.

I have just one cd left (others where partially burned when i was getting a blue screen), so i have to ask: what do i do wrong ?

Sounds right to me. Now just insert it and reboot your PC. You may have to go in to the bios and set the boot device options to make the CD drive first.

I just looked at my memtest cd. It only has a txt file visable. The file says that the image is on the boot sector of the cd. You may have to just unzip the file and burn the image, not open it. Not sure what version of Nero you have.

all i did was to unzipp downloaded file. Extracted file was memtest.iso.
In nero express under what would you like to burn i choosed 'disc image or save project'. Is that okay?

I run this test and here are results:

Pass 21%
Test 18%
Test #7

WallTime - 0:03:48
Cached - 256M
RsvdMem - 20MB
MemMap - e820-std
Cache - on
ECC - off
Test - Std
Pass - 0
Errors - 1072
ECC Errs - 0

There were lots of other text lines, all in red background.

So i guess that means that i have no choice but to buy a new one?
Or something can be done bout it ?

I bought a new memory today. Dual ddr 256mb 400mhz. Before i had just one ddr 246mb. Mainboard IS7-E2 Abit. In description of this board was that its better working with dual memory. Did i bought i right memory?

My computers still restars ever few minutes :( I run memtest86 and there are no errors in new memory.

Please tell me what i can do next. Please. I'm getting so stress bout it. I need that comp to work, but its been plaing pranks on me for 3 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back