Page fault in nonpaged area (NTFS.sys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy! After a months worth of collecting components (the list of which is in my profile), I finally built my new machine yesterday. However, I have been plagued by problems since initial boot. Fortunately, through some extensive searching, I'm down to only two problems. The first, relatively minor problem is that Windows seems to recognize all three SATA drives, but only lists one as a drive under My Computer. Honestly not sure what to do about that one.

The second problem is much larger and troublesome. Although my system is stable at idle, as soon as I launch a game or do something that taxes the video card, I get a BSOD. "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA." Occasionally it will list NTFS.sys as the probable cause, but usually it lists no file. Through searching, I found that the likely culprit is the RAM. I haven't yet been able to run memtest, but based on the number of similar threads I've found, the RAM generally passes it anyway. I'm posting some minidumps, mainly so I can narrow it down - I want to be certain that the RAM is the issue before I consider RMAing/returning it.

Any help whatsoever would be immensely appreciated. This computer is the most expensive piece of equipment I've ever purchased, and the fact that it isn't working correctly fills me with a special kind of dread.

Thanks guys!

Do a Microsoft search, and a Google search for "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA. There are huge numbers of posts you can learn from, and the Microsoft Knowledgebase articles will teach you the Microsoft Bible.

You may be right,but do you mean 3 Sata drives or 1 in 3 partitions ?
My mbd only connects 2 Sata drives.1 large 160 , 3 partitioned is enough for me.
I'm saveing the other for other Sata hardware when it arrives.
I hear theres a dvd burner out there.

? What does the bios list under Sata drives ? And whats listed at bootup as found ?

Three separate SATA Drives, each 320GB. My initial intent had been to set them up in RAID 5, but I had no means to load the appropriate drivers during the Windows installation. So before the last install, I disabled RAID on my motherboard and simply installed windows on one of the three drives. It recognizes all three drives at boot, and it even lists all three drives in Device Manager.

Ray, I had done those searches before posting here on TechSpot. In the majority of threads I found, it was the minidump that led them to the appropriate solution. Sometimes the problem was an out-of-date video driver, sometimes it was bad RAM. I'm just trying to divine which component is at fault before I attempt to replace it.

Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back