"Page fault in Nonpaged area"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Aplogies if this is in the wrong area.

Can someone please advice how to resolve the above BSOD error? It happens about 3 mins after Ive logged into XP (sp2). There has been no new software installed recently and the machine has been working fine up until last night. Would this error point to a problem with my RAM module? I dont want to go through the whole rebuild process if all I need to do is change the RAM. What do you think the best steps would be to take if a RAM change doesnt fix the problem?

Any advice would be greatly apprciated.

Many thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will tell you if you`ve got a ram problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for that, I will run this when I get home this evening. I have taken the RAM out of my brothers PC as well so will use that as a test. If this doesnt fix the problem could it be more serious such as Motherboard failiure? I read that some software makes entries into the Nonpage area such as Nortons. I suppose if the RAM doesnt fix it I will need to stick in a new HD and go from there!

thanks again for your help.

Feffers

I just had the same problem today coming back from school, so after many unsuccessful tries of trying to root out the problem in safe mode, because at first I thought it was a start-up program that was trying to load but couldn't so I uninstalled/disabled my start-up progs in safe mode. But it didn't work so I just system restored to the previous day and now everything works fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back