Page_fault In Nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky70591

I need to get this fixed ASAP:
this is the stats on my Comp.
Intel P4 3.0G
1.5G DDR (dual x2 256MB and x2 512MB) not the same name brand but same speed PC3200 been working fine for a year now.
NVIDEA GeForce 5500 128MB
Onboard sound.

I have the same error and I have ZoneAlarm, I tried to uninstall it and it won't let me. It gives me a message about not being able to validate C:ZoneAlarm\GLBLS.tmp or crashes. Then I have to let the comp set for a few before I try to restart. Can't get it to stay on long enough to attach the mini-dump file. Any suggestions??

I have been getting:
BAD_POOL_CALLER ; 0X_ C2
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ; 0X_ D1
Portcls.sys
SPBBCDrv.sys

ATM I can only get it to stay on about 10 min then it crashes again to the blue (devil) screen.

I attached the minidump files on the next email cause it took me a while getting them zipped Crash, reboot log in and post.

minidump files

Please look these over and let me know what you find.

Attachments

• Mini110106-02.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
I am running Windows XP Home, SP2. I also changed the Video Card and got the PS check (its good), and the CPU cooling fan, Brought my ram to a Tech Store to have them double checked and they are fine also, plus I ran memtest to see for myself. Only thing I haven't changed is the CPU. and the mother board. It still comes on for a few then shuts off and I have to let it sit for a while before restarting it. Any ideas at all would be better that not knowing what to do.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your problem is more than likely caused by overheating. Make sure you clean all the dust and debris out of your computer, especially from the heatsinks and fans.

Remove the cpu heatsink and clean off the old thermal pad/paste from both the heatsink and cpu using a little isopropyl or rubbing alcohol. Apply some new thermal paste to the cpu die and reattach the heat sink. See if that helps.

Instructions for applying thermal paste can be found HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Find a way to download speedfan and run it long enough for you to see how hot your system is.

I agree with howard about your system over heating. Make sure your fans are spinning, especially your CPU and PSU.

I bought an new CPU Fan and Heatsink "Cooler Master", and cleaned everything. I had the PSU checked at a shop here along with the momory and I bought a new "MSI" video card. Same thing still happening. Could you tell in my minidumps if there was anything else besides buying a new CPU.

I have been running SpeedFan for a while now. Before I bought the new fan and heatsink the temp was up to 56 that why I bought it, but after I put it on the temp dropped to 42-47 range. I don't know how to and haven't tried overclocking it yet as I can't get it to stay on long. Also, still gettign that error from ZoneAlarm which will not run properly. I can't uninstall it either. Comp won't run long enough to do a system restore either.

You can have your cpu tested at your local pc repair shop. It will only cost a few dollars.

You should also check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for more info.

Regards Howard :)

I checked the mothrboard a few times to see if it is defective or may have leaks and nothing seems to be wrong. I went to 2 local repair shops and they both say they don't have a MB that fits socket 478 so they can't check for me. I am going to try and order a new CPU and see if that is what my problem is.

ZoneAlarm

Hi,

Your version of Zonealarm has known software problem. De-install or upgrade zonealarm may resolve the blue screen problem.

Honestly I have really tried to un-install it, but it won't let me keeps giving me an error. I am using the free version. The only thing I think I can do now is restore the whole system. What you think?

I have finally fixed the problem that was giving me the bad errors. I was my bios chip. It had a curruption on it. I had to either flash it or buy a new motherboard. I boaught a new board since I bought other new products now most of the stuff on my comp is new except the HHD. Thanks for the help all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back