Page_fault_ in _nonpaged_ area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I am new at this forum and this is my first post.I recently set up a new pc with the following specs:
intel q6600
asrock p45ts v1.30
apacer 4gb@800 ddr2
wd 640gb
ati 4870 1gb
eurocase 550watt

From the beggining I had random errors BSOD " PAGE_FAULT_ IN _NONPAGED_ AREA".It may appear twice a day and then after 2-3 days again.I checked the ram with memtest and after 6 passes no errors.What else can be the cause of the problem?I attach the 2 last minidumps.Any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• Mini010409-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 5
Without even looking at the dumps I suggest you pull ALL the ram and try one stick at a time.

Likely that is the issue.

OR, download Memtest and make a boot disk as they instruct and run that for 7 passes or so.

edit: dump analysis shows memory problem and/or addressing memory problem

Thank you for your respond,but i have already tried memtest and came up without any errors.I have also tried one stick RAM at a time and BOSD occured again.It does'nt happen ofetn,but randomly,once or twice.Have you studied the dump files?Maybe a problem with a faulty driver or the motherboard?Thanks...

CCT's advice is exactly what I would have suggested due to your error codes. You mindumps are 0x50 and they specify Bad Memory Reference.

You started in your last response that, "I have also tried one stick RAM at a time and BOSD occured again." Does this mean you were getting BSODs when using only one of your sticks? We need clarification.

As for Memtest, two things to keep in mind:

1. 7 Passes is considered the minimum one should run this test. I usually suggest to people to start it before you go to bed and check it the next day.

2. As good as Memtest is, bad memory has been known to pass it. I'd run Memtest again on each stick for 7 Passes.

Actually,yes,when i tried only one stick at a time in the same dim,i got BSOD.Is there a chance that the specific dim or the motherboard itself is faulty?I tested the RAMS with mamtest during one night,for about 7 hours.As for Zonealarm,have there been similar issues concerning it?Thanks...

'similar issues concerning it' is the correct phrase.

When you say 'same dim', you mean slot?

Try 1 stick in another.

Yes, ZA has caused issues for many people, but there are those who have no problems whatsover.

Do what CCT advises. Also, did you get BSODs with any other stick of RAM in the same slot?

Yes,sorry for my bad jargon,i mean slot and i got BSOD with another stick of RAM in the same slot.I don;t know as far as it concerns about the other slot,i will test...Anyway,i have to admit that 3 days now i had no BSODs,their frequence is less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back