PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA 0x00000050 Locked out of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently in a pickle when it comes to this error. I have looked at your posts to see any other people have my problem, but everyone seems to be able to at least LOAD windows.

Unfortunately, I cannot!

When I start the computer, the bios loads up and just when the windows xp load screen is about to come up, it restarts.

I have no access to command prompt to load chkdsk.

I dont know how to get data dumps neither.

Please help quick!

Trying to get to the command prompt will be the most important thing right now. If you have a windows install disc, you should be able to boot to that and load the "Recovery Console". This will take you to a cmd prompt, or you could also take a floppy to a different XP machine and create a boot disk when you format a floppy.

Similar problem

When I attempt to boot from the hard drive I get "a disk read error has occurred". When I attempt to boot form the Vista install DVD I get "CLFS.SYS page fault in non paged area. I am running a Dell DXP051 system.

DonH

similar problem 2

I Had been running Vista for about 5 weeks. The drives have always been in this machine. I was running Disk Cleanup when the computer locked up. The only way to get out was to shut it down and I have had the problem since. I have run Dell diagnostics on the drives and they pass.

The full error message is :CLFS.sys page fault in non paged area
stop 0x00000050 (0x8B53F018, 0x00000000, 0x84C2C367, 0x00000000)
CLFS.sys - Address 84C2C367 base at 84C2B000, DATESTAMP 4549acbc

DonH

clfs.sys STOP: 0x00000050

I found a way to fix this problem, however you need a windows vista installation disk. Boot from the vista DVD, and use the repair windows option. It'll get to a point where it asks if you want to restore windows to a previous restore point say no and let it do its thing. When it finishes reboot and you should be good. If you take a look at the log when it finishes, it says a patch caused the problem. Hope this works for anyone else who has the problem. There’s not much information on MSKB (not pertaining to vista anyway) or vista user forums for this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back