Pagefile/partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewybo

Maybe the wrong forum, but- ok, if I wanna tweak my pagefile business, do I go into the registry, and set it to clear at each shutdown? I have read a coupla googles, and also someone at this site talked about "tweaking" the pagefile. The googles talked about partitioning with pagefiles in each partition. ? I have lotsa HD space, no partitions save one 13G FAT32, which I no longer have a use for, but my funds are limited, so at this point, I can't afford a partitioning program.

Can someone plain-English this pagefile/partition relationship, and how to properly use it? Or am I completely misunderstanding what I've read? (most likely, indeed)

Thanks

Clearing the pagefile will not make it faster. Spreading the pagefile over several partitions will mak things even worse. You are supposed to spread it over several hard disks and have it on the partition closest to the beginning of the disk..

The easiest thing to do is to set a big initial pagefile size and make sure it isn't too fragmented.

Try this: Set the pagefile to none in system properties, boot into safe mode, defragment, set the pagefile initial size to 256-384, maximum to 512-1024, reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back