Pages and page links

XtR-X

The pages listed and page links are gone. These were fast tools into getting to our posts.

They are good when someone has not read a topic yet and then allow them to take that information from the first post and implement a solution on topic.

However, if you've read the first post and already know, for example, the "Comp specs what you think?" topic, it's a pain clicking and then clicking again.

It's a good and bad thing. Maybe if possible the page and page links should be available for a certain ammount of posts because it suggests they've been arround the block a few times.

My two cents.

We should get a two cents icon and call it up by something like :twocents:
twocents.gif

Um, there are links to click for 'goto first unread post' and 'goto latest post' for a thread. I use those all the time. Guess you would need to have cookies enabled for that to be useful though.

there was a problem

of unauthorized user access........my two cents :grinthumb just go to your user cp and there are your subscribed threads lined up.........address response by last user..............

XtR-X is right, I was browsing 'The Meeting Spot' and I noticed those single page links didn't make much for keeping the clean look and in most cases those would like the first few pages and then skip to last (threads well over the 100 posts).

Just like SNGX pointed out, in the left side of each thread link/subject you have a direct link to the last posts in that specific thread since your last visit, so that should compensate and actually be more useful, just give it a try, I'm using those all the time, too.

Hrmm... I didn't notice that. I'll start using that now... (So used to phpbb2 and invision).

Back