pages are very slow to scroll after xp reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeloughran05

My computer said my windows xp pro was corrupt and needed to re-install it...so i did, and now when i scroll it goes really slow, like it replays the page over, flickering, very sore on the eyes ! Anyone any idea what this is...i'm sure its probably some setting thats been changed with the installation...

It sounds like you need to reinstall your video drivers. right click on the desktp and choose properties, then the settings tab. what resolution are you running at? if it is very low and you cannot change it to higher then it is a sign your video drivers are not installed.

i am running it at 1280 by 1024 and can increase it further...i do not have the nvidia desktop manager after re-installing windows, but the drivers will not let me install them and are coming up that message, is there any reason for this message? That message appears when i'm trying to install this video driver

if you can run at 1280x1024 then you have some kind fo driver installed. if you did not install the Nvidia drivers after you reinistalled windows then your running on an older or generic driver that windows had in it's drivers database. you should try loading the latest drivers from Nvidia for your card. it will probably not let you load the desktop manager until the newer drivers are installed.

hmm what is your hardware? ie; motherboard, processor, and is this onboard video? if ti is I believe the onboard video uses different drivers from the stand alone video cards.

Processor:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz
Motherboard:
ASRock P4S55FX2
Memory:
512 MB
Videocard:
GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB

I don't know how to check for the onboard video...is there anyway you know that i could check for it?

Did you reinstall your motherboard drivers after reinstalling XP? also look in device manager are there any devices with a yellow question mark or yellow triangle next to them?

I installed two out of the five i think it was, as the other two wouldn't let me install them. I had an unknown devide with a yellow question mark which i uninstalled and i also have one beside 'bluetooth av/hs audio'

your problem may be related to the "unknown device" you uninstalled instead of finding the driver for.

The problem was there already before i uninstalled this, i was told to do this by another forum, they said to delete everything to do with nvidia then re-install it all

Go to device manager and clickon view on the toolbar. choose show hidden deices. if the unknown device is there renable it. then download SIW and run it to find out what it is. then you will know what driver you need for it.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

have you tried to defrag? if that don't work try a program called tuneup utilities 2006.

it solved my problems quickley!

I had the exact same problem and wanted to post the solution that worked for me just in case others may have come across this. The suggestion to reinstall the motherboard drivers and then running the tuneup utilities solved the "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back