Painted PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_Ireland

Just thought Id go ahead and brag about about my beautiful PS2, and get some opinions at the same time. :) Well here it is, keep in mind im only 15 and I did this without any help from parents and/or friends.

01010005.jpg

wow thats so awsome great job on painting, how dod you manage to tape off the ps2 symbol the cd drive

Im not sure I totally understand your question, but the cd drive front wasnt part of the case, so when I took off the case to paint it it wasnt in the way. Nor were the conroller ports. For the big PS2 logo I took the time (trust me it took a while) and cut really thin peices of scotch tape to put over it. I hope this answers your question.

Shame it wasn't done on one of those slim ones but looks good anyhow. Anything else you've "moded" ?

I did this before the slim ones came out though, so you cant blame me...ANd plus im a poor little 15 year old.

Ive also painted my friends Xbox, sorry no pictures, but I painted the "X" a silver color and it looked pretty good. My last PC case I painted blue, and had help cutting out a window in the side, with my initials in it, and the only picture i have is really crappy but if you really want me to I will try and find it to post it.

ive thought of doing that to my ps2, but i could'nt figure a way to tape the sony emblum on the front of the case by the cd drive. how'd you manage to tape that off or whatever you did?

You mean the one by the power and reset buttons? I just took a square peice of tape and slaped it on there, nothing special.

Also if you are going to do this make sure you paint it once, let it dry for a day, then do another layer. I know your not gonna want to wait that long for a second layer (I sure as hell didnt want to) but what a stupid mistake that was, now some of the paint is chipping off, I ened up using white out to just get the small spots.

Hey Jeff. I also wanted to paint my ps2. I have it all ready except i need to know what kind of spray paint you used. Like where did you get it from and what brand is it. Thanks

I actually had some leftover white paint...But I got it at Home Depot I belive, and suprisingly enough it was the super cheapo brand name white stuff. I just wanted to make you understand this though, do at least three layers, with enough time spread out in between...I made the mistake of rusing it, and to add on that I didnt even have enough paint, so there are little spots chiopping off, but nothing huge. I actually ended up using white out to cover it up. :haha:

Ok Cool. Yeah i just about have it all masked off. All i have to to yet is the big PS2 logo on the top which im not looking forward to. Once i get it done ill post a pic.(Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back