TechSpot

Palm Pre drops to $99 for new Sprint customers - Not

By Jos
Sep 8, 2009
  1. Update: Only hours after we reported about Sprint's Palm Pre promotion, the company backtracked and called it a mistake. As of right now, the Palm Pre can still be purchased at a discount ($300 instant savings, plus a $100 mail-in rebate with a 2-year contract) which comes to a total of $150.

Read the whole story

2. Fly_Guy

Fly_Guy TS Rookie Posts: 31

do u have to switch from another company or can you just open a new line as a new costumer?

3. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

I'm pretty sure you have to.

4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 994   +89

Competition is good! I had early plans to pick one of these up, but I held back waiting for the HTC Hero. But the Hero isn't as powerful as the Pre. This makes the choice even easier.

5. Spoofork

Spoofork TS Rookie

"others see this as a sign of desperation"

Are you serious? I see this move as smart. They have been talking of a price drop for a while and many assumed to see one occur in September or when the Storm 2 came out. I would actually have preffered them to drop it to $99. I want the Pre but I am going to wait until it is below $100 or Ill just get the Pixi. Yes Palm is not doing so well financially so it makes sense to try to get as many customers as they can. They needed to provide an incentive for people to get the Pre instead of an iPhone (as if ATT wasnt a reason enough to never touch the iPhone). They have an up hill battle so I dont think making their product more attractive financially is an act of desperation.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.