TechSpot

Pandora's alarm clock feature wakes you up to the sounds of your favorite music

By Shawn Knight
Dec 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I’m not a morning person, plain and simple. I’d much rather wake up on my own accord each morning than to be jolted into reality by a loud and annoying alarm clock. But like many of you, I don’t have...

Read more
  2. Which actually defeats the whole point of an alarm. It's supposed to be annoying. The act of it being annoying forces you to take action to make it stop I.e. wake up/move to turn it off or snooze it.

If it plays a sound you enjoy, why would you even bother moving? If anything it'll make you feel relaxed and do less of a job at waking you up
  3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Your statement is based upon your opinion. It is a matter of each person's taste. Honestly: I prefer waking up to music. Depending upon the band, I can either get pumped up for the day or fall back asleep. I'll be sure to use my Bullet for my Valentine station to wake me up :D
  4. Set your favorite song as your alarm, associate it with waking up in the morning, and you'll hate listening to it in no time!
  5. Do you seriously need an app for this?? My HTC (Android) lets me do this by default, I do agree with the theory though.
  6. Hexic

Hexic TS Rookie Posts: 59   +8

Or you could have been using the stock android alarm feature to wake up to your favorite tunes from the beginning.

Or use a second app to do the same thing, either or.
  7. Twixtea

Twixtea TS Rookie Posts: 87

Horrible idea, last thing I need is to ruin my favorite songs by setting them as my alarm tone.
  8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

Put me in the prefer to wake up with music instead of alarms. I would use this feature if it were easy to access. The only reason I have a clock on my night stand is for this exact use. I can finally get rid of that old thing!
  9. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

Ummm, why the heck is this worthy of being a Techspot article. The only phone I've ever owned that COULD NOT do this was the very first phone I had from the early 2000's. Ever since that phone every single phone I have owned has come with this as a standard feature, and thats before Android and Smart phones ever were. Is this really a new thing to people? If it is, crawl out from under your rock.

I'm sorry, this is just too sad.
    LukeDJ likes this.
  10. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 558   +11

I was just thinking the same thing, my Sony Ericson W810i has been doing this for me for the past 10 years, I personally have classic Calvin Harris "I can't do this anymore" playing because you can never get sick of it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.