Pandora's alarm clock feature wakes you up to the sounds of your favorite music

Shawn Knight

Staff member

I’m not a morning person, plain and simple. I’d much rather wake up on my own accord each morning than to be jolted into reality by a loud and annoying alarm clock. But like many of you, I don’t have the luxury of sleeping in until I wake up naturally so we might as well make the best of it, right?

Pandora’s latest iOS app looks to ease the morning blues with a new alarm clock feature. Instead of waking up to a dreadful ringing or buzzing, the app lets users awake to the sounds of their favorite music. There’s even a snooze button in 5, 10, 15 and 20 minute increments that can be utilized if you want to grab a bit more shut-eye.

pandora alarm clock ios pandora app alarm clock

Pandora has also added an option to keep the music playing once it’s finally time to get up if you so choose. And based on the screenshots above, Pandora has done an admirable job in the UI / aesthetics department as well.

The alarm clock function is a natural extension of the sleep timer, an option introduced back in August that allows users to fall asleep to their favorite tunes. Much like the sleep timer on your television, the app will shut off after a designated amount of time to ensure it doesn’t play long after you are passed out.

The alarm clock feature is available in the latest version of Pandora for iOS and we are told they are hard at work on a similar update for Android.

Permalink to story.

Which actually defeats the whole point of an alarm. It's supposed to be annoying. The act of it being annoying forces you to take action to make it stop I.e. wake up/move to turn it off or snooze it.

If it plays a sound you enjoy, why would you even bother moving? If anything it'll make you feel relaxed and do less of a job at waking you up

Which actually defeats the whole point of an alarm. It's supposed to be annoying. The act of it being annoying forces you to take action to make it stop I.e. wake up/move to turn it off or snooze it.

If it plays a sound you enjoy, why would you even bother moving? If anything it'll make you feel relaxed and do less of a job at waking you up
Your statement is based upon your opinion. It is a matter of each person's taste. Honestly: I prefer waking up to music. Depending upon the band, I can either get pumped up for the day or fall back asleep. I'll be sure to use my Bullet for my Valentine station to wake me up :D

Set your favorite song as your alarm, associate it with waking up in the morning, and you'll hate listening to it in no time!

Do you seriously need an app for this?? My HTC (Android) lets me do this by default, I do agree with the theory though.

Or you could have been using the stock android alarm feature to wake up to your favorite tunes from the beginning.

Or use a second app to do the same thing, either or.

Put me in the prefer to wake up with music instead of alarms. I would use this feature if it were easy to access. The only reason I have a clock on my night stand is for this exact use. I can finally get rid of that old thing!

Ummm, why the heck is this worthy of being a Techspot article. The only phone I've ever owned that COULD NOT do this was the very first phone I had from the early 2000's. Ever since that phone every single phone I have owned has come with this as a standard feature, and thats before Android and Smart phones ever were. Is this really a new thing to people? If it is, crawl out from under your rock.

I'm sorry, this is just too sad.

Ummm, why the heck is this worthy of being a Techspot article. The only phone I've ever owned that COULD NOT do this was the very first phone I had from the early 2000's. Ever since that phone every single phone I have owned has come with this as a standard feature, and thats before Android and Smart phones ever were. Is this really a new thing to people? If it is, crawl out from under your rock.

I'm sorry, this is just too sad.

I was just thinking the same thing, my Sony Ericson W810i has been doing this for me for the past 10 years, I personally have classic Calvin Harris "I can't do this anymore" playing because you can never get sick of it

Back