TechSpot

Panono: the throwable ball camera that snaps 360-degree panoramas

By Russ Boswell
Nov 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Even with all of the new applications, photo-stitching programs, and stabilizers that we have available in the modern day, it can still be a headache to capture that perfect panorama view. Whether you're at the top of a mountain, enveloped...

Read more

2. gooderguy

gooderguy TS Rookie Posts: 66

Doesn't Google use similar cameras for their street views?

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This is pretty cool. Cant wait to see what potential it holds.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +862

This is pretty awesome. Im surprised it only costs $500 with that many cameras xD

9Nails likes this.
  5. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 956   +273

Pretty cool from a tech standpoint, but I see limited practical use for this. Now maybe if this thing can be held 0.5 meter above your head on a stick while you do crazy stunts, then that would be awesome. Or record 360* x 360* video from above your vehicle while driving would be quite useful for insurance claims.

6. Could use it in a concert when you cant get a good shot, just be sure to catch it lol. its fall/winter here where I live, id like to toss it over the trees as high as I can, get a good shot of the top view. maybe strapping it to a remote control heli. or a nice sling shot strait up, gotta bring a baseballmit for that

7. Phillip Seni

Phillip Seni TS Rookie Posts: 26

Throwable camera: you throw it away and someone catches/steals it and it's no longer yours. :)

8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Been a long while since I heard about this on techspot. Glad to see that it's still around

philip, when I think of throwing away, I think of disposable cameras instead of throwable lol

Phillip Seni likes this.