Parallels Access lets you remotely run Windows and OS X desktop software from an iPad, as...

By Jos
Aug 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Parallels is best known for its virtualization software that lets people run Windows from within OS X. Now the company is stepping into a different -- and much more crowded -- space with Parallels Access, a remote access solution for...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,114   +732

I think this is a great effort, but I think it should be $50 per year vs $80.
    wastedkill likes this.
  3. OliTheG

OliTheG Newcomer, in training Posts: 46   +20

So let me get this straight.

You buy an iPad, then add £80 on top a year, and you get a stripped down, less powerful version OF A WINDOWS 8 TABLET?

This is the crap that will be spewed from Fanboys everywhere. "OOOH. WINDOWS APPS. BETRERERRRR DAN SIR FACE AHAHAHAHHAHAHA wheresmywalletohitgotnickedohwellIhavenomoremoneyanyway"

You need to spend £200 more, and you still get less, just a bit less.

Nope.

Moderator note: OliTheG, please do not shout.
  4. Ye spend £200 more then you cant use windows apps on a mac so your 1 missing out on the mac software you want and 2 why wouldn't you abuse the advantage plus if you cant afford £80 a year then why spend the money on a ipad if you wanted to get use windows software?

If you really want a ipad with some windows software than parallels is amazing specially as can choose not to use windows dumbed down RT version or the way over expensive Pro tablet.

If I had a ipad I would abuse this feature to my hearts content as its made to make things more simple you gotta be dumb to think its for windows fanboys.
  5. Mallok

Mallok Newcomer, in training Posts: 21   +7

An annual fee? Pass.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.