Partition Harddrive undetected please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Dan, and i have a P4 1.8Ghz, Intel motherboard, 512mb pc 2100, and a 80gb harddrive. The problem is that today i formated my c: drive again b/c it was having some problems. My other 2 drives were partition from my 80GB one. So i reformated my c: drive and boot it and installed windows xp, but the problems is that i can't see my other 2 drives that i partition a long time ago when i first got my computer a year ago. The only harddrive xp sees is my c: drive, which only has 30gbs, and i can't find my other 2 drives which has my other 50gb along with some important data. Is there anyway i can recover my 2 missing partition harddrive? or what can i do? plz answer quickly...

You may want to try booting to DOS and running FDISK to see if you can see the partitions. Or if you have a copy of Partition Magic then you should be able to see those partitions as long as the file allocation table that you used is recognized by Partition Magic. It sounds like to me that you may have possibly chosen the wrong file allocation table (one which Windows doesn't support so it won't recognize that partition).

FDISK is going to have issues with that 80gig. You could learn how fdisk works and set up a 4 gig or something to install XP onto, then boot into XP and use its disk manager thing to create a partition in the rest of the space, and then format it.

Do they show up in Disk Management? If so can you right click on them and "import" them? I'm just waking up so I'm not sure that my terminology is correct.

Just waking up????

Originally posted by LNCPapa
I'm just waking up so I'm not sure that my terminology is correct.

It is 11:15am, what are you still sleeping for? Don't you have a job to be at? :)

i used this program called partition manager and it can see all 80gb on my c drive, put there are no partitions. and my xp still cant see them... any more suggestions?

It sounds like Windows XP has hidden the other partitions on your disk. See if that partition manager program you have allows you to unhide the two hidden partitions. If it doesn't show any partitions, apart from your c drive, then chances are you may have deleted them by mistake.

well all is lost... i used partition magic to repartition my hd... so all files are lost... at least i have my full 80gb now

I slept in because I had to drive to Chicago today to see a show. A Cirque du Soleil show which I hadn't seen was performing there today :). Good show!

Papa, I am going to see Dralion in Saint Louis on the 23rd. Those shows are awesome. My parents have seen the one in Detroit, and one in Vegas. I can't wait to go, it is going to be awesome.

Dralion is awesome! It's the best one I've seen. I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back