Partition magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refwhett

I've been trying to merge two partitions on my hard drive using Partition magic 7 (which I have used many times before without any problems), when I rebootand the program does it's thing I get an error messege saying that the file number does not fit their location and when I logon there are no changes to my system.
What does that mean and how can I fix it?

You should run scandisk or PMs own disk check on the partitions, it's probably some minor filesystem error.

Is this the error?
Solution: Error 1555 Internal file number does not match position

Cause: The file number stored in the header of an NTFS file does not match the file's position in the file table.
Solution: This problem can be resolved by running CHKDSK /F on the affected drive. Sometimes it must be run multiple times to resolve this error. If running under Windows 2K/XP a CHKDSK can be run from the recovery console to fix files that may not otherwise be fixable.

Problem Description:
Error 1555 Internal file number does not match position
Error 1555

That is all I could find in PowerQuest's Knowledge Base using the info you specified. If this is not the error, just go here and look up your error number.

Ok, I got to this page on google, what exactly do you mean I need to do to fix this, I am having the same problem. what is that program you mentioned?

(this is a shared account)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back