Partitioned download

By Doctor_hv
Jan 4, 2008
  1. Hi, I have a slow dial up connection, so I cannot download many things. I get sometimes access to a broadband connection, but it is not in long periods so I get to download only some medium sized things.
    I was wandering, is there some Download manager that I could install on my USB flashdrive and use it on any computer, so that I e.g. start downloading 500MB file and finish some 30% then I go to another PC and insert my USB and continue there and so on.
    And also, is there some P2P client that can do similar things
    Thanks in advance!
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I'm not too sure if the portable download managers actually copy files and registry entries to other computers, whilst using from a flash drive.
    But I think they all probably would, especially when it comes to firewalls
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

There are plenty of them. But look for one that allows resumption of downloads that are stopped.

FlashGet, ReGet, GlashGot, GetRigh, NetAnts, Freedomland Download Manager, LeechGet... or just do a Gurgle search for Download Managers...

see, and for some of the best.
  4. Doctor_hv

Doctor_hv TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

all I need is that it keeps the downloaded file on the flashdrive, and there is quite a choice, so I'll try one of these when I get a chance...
    thanks a lot
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Once you find programs that look interesting make sure to investigate the general opinion on those very programs. Sometimes they can be "freeware" but loaded up with spyware so be careful.
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

You do realize that Gurgle is an actual site about pregnancy an births
    I have seen the word Gurgle posted before, I think you should say Google
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.