Partitioned download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_hv

Hi, I have a slow dial up connection, so I cannot download many things. I get sometimes access to a broadband connection, but it is not in long periods so I get to download only some medium sized things.
I was wandering, is there some Download manager that I could install on my USB flashdrive and use it on any computer, so that I e.g. start downloading 500MB file and finish some 30% then I go to another PC and insert my USB and continue there and so on.
And also, is there some P2P client that can do similar things
Thanks in advance!

There are plenty of them. But look for one that allows resumption of downloads that are stopped.

FlashGet, ReGet, GlashGot, GetRigh, NetAnts, Freedomland Download Manager, LeechGet... or just do a Gurgle search for Download Managers...

see www.majorgeeks.com, and www.tucows.com for some of the best.

all I need is that it keeps the downloaded file on the flashdrive, and there is quite a choice, so I'll try one of these when I get a chance...
thanks a lot

Once you find programs that look interesting make sure to investigate the general opinion on those very programs. Sometimes they can be "freeware" but loaded up with spyware so be careful.

raybay said:
or just do a Gurgle search for Download Managers..

You do realize that Gurgle is an actual site about pregnancy an births
I have seen the word Gurgle posted before, I think you should say Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back