TechSpot

Partitioned drive goes bad!

By mama_tink
Jul 7, 2007
  1. I have a computer with a partitioned drive. On the larger drive I have XP and on the smaller is 98. I was using XP primarily, so ALL of my digital pics from 18 months +/- are here. The problem is that when I boot up the computer no longer will go into the larger (XP) drive, only allowing me to the smaller (98) drive. I CAN'T GET MY PICS! For a scrapbooking addict this is a HUGE problem. I chatted with a friend who mentioned I should take this broken hard drive and connect it to my newer working hard drive which is on an entirely different machine. I need some specifics, oh and by the way I removed the memory from my broken CPU to my newer CPU. I don't know if this makes a difference in trying to get the pics off my bad drive. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

if the drive is a working drive, just make sure the boot drive is set to master and set the other to slave and u should beable to drag the pics. from one drive to the other with no problems.

3. mama_tink

mama_tink TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is the boot drive the good computer? Thanx for your help:)

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

This is NOT the correct forum. This belongs in the storage and networking forum. Also it is very foolish to post your email address in a public forum unless you like spam.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.