Partitioned drive goes bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a computer with a partitioned drive. On the larger drive I have XP and on the smaller is 98. I was using XP primarily, so ALL of my digital pics from 18 months +/- are here. The problem is that when I boot up the computer no longer will go into the larger (XP) drive, only allowing me to the smaller (98) drive. I CAN'T GET MY PICS! For a scrapbooking addict this is a HUGE problem. I chatted with a friend who mentioned I should take this broken hard drive and connect it to my newer working hard drive which is on an entirely different machine. I need some specifics, oh and by the way I removed the memory from my broken CPU to my newer CPU. I don't know if this makes a difference in trying to get the pics off my bad drive. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

if the drive is a working drive, just make sure the boot drive is set to master and set the other to slave and u should beable to drag the pics. from one drive to the other with no problems.

This is NOT the correct forum. This belongs in the storage and networking forum. Also it is very foolish to post your email address in a public forum unless you like spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back