Password at login screen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know how to get into my account on xp, cause i forgot my password and theres only one account, so how could i get in

Well, security would be somewhat lacking if you would just do that!

I do know how... just not sure if I should share this with people here... All kinds of folks here up to no good... hmmm...

PM me and I wil think about it. It involves downloading somes programs and making a boot disk.

phant, does this have smth to do with some winxp security holes or exploits or is it supposed to be possible to do ?

DA, it is possible. I have a program that can get your password changed and reassigned to any XP login, and many many other programs. I forget what it is called, but it is a very nice utility to have. I am sure it was made for evil, but I have used it many times for my stupid friends who have changed their password when they are drunk and forget what it was.

And with a name like D3MON, I would wonder a bit about the practicality of this person's wishes. Be careful phant.

What I have is a Linux boot disk that contains a program that modifies the database that contains the passwords.

d3mon, do you happen to know the administrator password? It is set at windows installation, if you installed it yourself, then you may know what it was. If you god windows preinstalled, ask the one who did it.

na it aint like that, my parents put a pwd on it and i cant fig it out all i wanna do is get in the account and possibly find the pwd. I dont want to change the pwd.

There is no real way to find out the password as such - not that I am ever going to tell people here.

I am even not sure about sharing the secret of how to change the password.

If you are breaking into something, I won't give you the power to do so without it being known. I will give you the power (maybe) to get into a system that's yours, but if your intent is to enter a system and not be detected, then sorry the answer is no.

ok.

ok, i know how to change the pwd. u got to run,regedit and then the other crap. i know how to change the pwd. I just need to know how to find out the pwd cause i need to go into the account my parents put on my system.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
There is no real way to find out the password as such - not that I am ever going to tell people here.

I am even not sure about sharing the secret of how to change the password.

If you are breaking into something, I won't give you the power to do so without it being known. I will give you the power (maybe) to get into a system that's yours, but if your intent is to enter a system and not be detected, then sorry the answer is no.

Do people like you learn that stuff somewhere or do they just find it out ? I mean persons like you might be very dangerous if they had bad intents ...

Originally posted by D3M0N
they wont tell me
Well there is probably a reason they won't tell you. I don't think we want to get our site involved in your situation, there are other places I think you can go to find out what you need.
Sorry bud.

There's a couple of good ways to do this... Where I work, I have to do this frequently so I've come up with a couple of methods depending on the security settings of the machine etc...

XP Home and FAT32 file systems make it super easy to bypass and change. XP professional on NTFS requires a special program, however.

My parents put a password cause they think i go on too much. I go on for 30 mins per day. So do any of u think u can make a windows script?

Edited by Mictlantecuhtli

Watch your language on this forum or go elsewhere.

I have bought a dell optiplex from a second hand computer store and it has a password on it and I cannot acces the windows it has windows nt 4.0 on it but after it boots up and goes through all the sytem checks it comes to a screen that askf or a user name password and domain how can I get past this?

Have you tried obvious things like no password and "admin" etc?

There are bootable CDs and floppies to reset Windows passwords but you are better off just formatting and reinstalling Winows though.

I seriously suggest formatting and reinstalling your OS as Nodsu said. What are you going to do with an NT4 machine at home? Install a more recent/supported OS depending on the system's capabilities.

I can not access the hard drive I would like to install wins 98 se on here but the password is keeping me out of the hard drive.

If you are going to install some other OS then why do you want to get into NT?
Just put in the Win98 CD and boot from that. Choose MS-DOS mode, run fdisk and delete all partitions. Recreate partition(s). Format. Run 98 setup.

So, I recently spilled liquid all over my desktop keyboard and had to replace it. I connected my new keyboard and turned on my PC. When it comes to the logon screen I can't type the password because the drivers aren't installed for the new keyboard. Is there a way to bypass the logon screen without using the keyboard? Once I pass it I will be able to install the drivers and use the new keyboard. Any suggetions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back