Password errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogsy

Long time reader first time poster ...

Ok heres whats happening to my sys , When ever I log into a site with a username and password I have to relog in for each page I visit ,For some reason my computer is not remembering passwords ...It even is happening on this forum
Just to log in is a joke ... I click on log in and type my username then pass ,and after that I am redirected to the forums then if I want to post something I have to log in again then if I look at something else and wish to post again i have to log in again ... Do ya see where Im coming from it's like the twighlight zone ...
I have reformatted my hard drive's and still the same problem persists ...
I have noticed that I get the same prob with java pages also

Any help would be much appreciated thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

True, I've only seen that with cookie settings. But after a fresh format? hmm

What version of Windows? What browser? What security programs do you run? Are you using a limited user account?

maybe these will lead you somewhere.

I have checked my coookie settings and everything there is normal as per new install ...
Up until this problem started occouring I only used Win Explorer for browsing Now I have installed FireFox but it is still doing it ...

Security settings are all set to low and I run etrust anti virus software I use the standard firewwall settings which came with service pack 2 ...
I have flashed my bios and still nothing ...
This really has me beat ,Im at the point of scapping this whole computer and building a new one I have a new one sitting here in box's but I cant be bothered building it lol ...

Here are the specs of this computer that is giving me greif

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DAVE
System Manufacturer GBT___
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2081 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6, 8/16/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

One other thing I have noticed is that the icons to the right of this msg im writing (smilly faces ) Well I can not put any of those in my msg's nothing happens at all when I click on them ...
I think this is related to my problem some how ,Im sure its got something to do with Java scripts

enable java script firefox
disable java in firefox
are you using a router maybe you got something set there
make sure cookies 2 boxs ticked cookies and only back to origin
what firefox version??
oh ya do you have the lastst java build you should dwnld from sun

You could always try uninstalling your antivirus and any other "protecting" software. Just briefly. And turn off firewalls and such. As a test.

When in IE, when you click log-in someplace, look in the bottom left corner of IE, does it say error or "problems on page" or anything like that? Or does it just say "Done"?

Vigilante said:
You could always try uninstalling your antivirus and any other "protecting" software. Just briefly. And turn off firewalls and such. As a test.

When in IE, when you click log-in someplace, look in the bottom left corner of IE, does it say error or "problems on page" or anything like that? Or does it just say "Done"?

Yes it does say error down in the left hand corner of my IE browser ...
I will uninstall all of my firewall and anti virus stuff later today and see what happens ... Thanx

The error is usually javascript, if you double-click that little space, it should pop up the error message if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back