TechSpot

Password trouble - what else ? bell D610

By Youngrust
May 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay - short story.a friend (relative)...who had stayed with me for a period....he wanted to sell me this Dell latitude D610 .

It was ..well working..but ...the screen is a total write off ., as sadly/happily for me ?..in an old dispute betwix a couple..a cup went thru the display...
    he needed a few bucks for gas ..so I got it ..with the idea of be ing able to have my second game account active- even if hardly playable..Just to do non-combat stuff.

Well it seems great ..and I will someday get a monitor for it (external of course)
    Bios is 'open' , disk is 'open' , and windows boots up great- but ..it has a guest and one admin account on it ..and as soon as I boot into guest- it drops the Video from my external monitor ( I used my regular monitor to check it out) - the laptop display is ..well unuseable to change bios which I get into easily.( to maybe choose to use external monitor as default?)
    and at Bios- the external one is not active yet :(

So - looking for a way to eliminate the admin password or account.
    not bios or hard drive - just windows log-on I guess it is .
    All numbers seem attached ..but when I last spoke to seller..he said he would rather nnot ask 'ex'.. drats! ..

Oh yes - it has been used for movies only for months..
    Just fyi - it did use external monitor at first- but my 'blind' bios attempt to change video- had worse result
    but I had to try ..as I set an account on this computer for friend when he stayed here..and I know I had to install any games he wanted - so I figured the same would apply to the account that once DID display okay till I messed it in blind attempt.....ooh maybe if someone could- screen shots of bios screens? as I am not familliar with laptops or their bioses..at least that way - my guesses would have a better chance- laughs

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.