TechSpot

patchyoursystem.com Bug Please help

By eps49
Oct 24, 2005
  1. How do I get rid of the patchyoursystem.com bug that redirects my home page on IE?
    Here is the Log file, please help me. thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Check the Read: How to... posts at the top of this forum.

Do a Search on this forum for patchyoursystem.com

3. eps49

eps49 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Re:

When I posted the message the whole log file was there, I don't know why it's not there now, besides I posted in a seperate thread because that's what you guys wrote to do, so instead of redirecting me please just help if you know what to do. Thanks

Sorry I just realized I didn't attach it, so here it is, attached.

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

First Read: Only use these HJT-instructions when asked!
    The text between the dotted lines underneath goes between the dotted lines of that post.
    Make sure to follow ALL instructions, and in HJT tick/fix ALL lines!
    ...................................................................................................
    /P/ C:\WINDOWS\System32\shnlog.exe
    /P/ C:\WINDOWS\System32\intmon.exe
    /P/ O2 - BHO: HP Class - {FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFA} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpE897.tmp
    O4 - Global Startup: Reset.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat
    ...................................................................................................

And stop using that crap IE!

5. eps49

eps49 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Good News!!!

I got rid of the patchyoursystem.com crap (I think so)
    I followed all your instructions, however I didn't know what you meant by /u/.... etc.
    everything else I followed, then I manually deleted the shnlog.exe & all the other processess you listed before & also ALL the hp...tmp files, along with a exe file that had a red circular icon with an exlamation point in it (forgot the name)(I googled these processess before deleting them to make sure they are indeed no good ones) then I went to regedit and made a search for "shnlog", "intmon" and deleted 2 keys that were disguised as paint.exe & another one I don't remember the name, & as soon as I was done with all these things when I started IE it was gone my startpage was back to normal.

Oh and by the way, I used to use Firefox, however I found that it's a bigger drag on the computers memory than IE, everything used to work slower because of it.

Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.