patchyoursystem.com Bug Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eps49

How do I get rid of the patchyoursystem.com bug that redirects my home page on IE?
Here is the Log file, please help me. thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Re:

When I posted the message the whole log file was there, I don't know why it's not there now, besides I posted in a seperate thread because that's what you guys wrote to do, so instead of redirecting me please just help if you know what to do. Thanks

Sorry I just realized I didn't attach it, so here it is, attached.

First Read: Only use these HJT-instructions when asked!
The text between the dotted lines underneath goes between the dotted lines of that post.
Make sure to follow ALL instructions, and in HJT tick/fix ALL lines!
...................................................................................................
/P/ C:\WINDOWS\System32\shnlog.exe
/P/ C:\WINDOWS\System32\intmon.exe
/P/ O2 - BHO: HP Class - {FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFA} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpE897.tmp
O4 - Global Startup: Reset.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat
...................................................................................................

And stop using that crap IE!

Good News!!!

I got rid of the patchyoursystem.com crap (I think so)
I followed all your instructions, however I didn't know what you meant by /u/.... etc.
everything else I followed, then I manually deleted the shnlog.exe & all the other processess you listed before & also ALL the hp...tmp files, along with a exe file that had a red circular icon with an exlamation point in it (forgot the name)(I googled these processess before deleting them to make sure they are indeed no good ones) then I went to regedit and made a search for "shnlog", "intmon" and deleted 2 keys that were disguised as paint.exe & another one I don't remember the name, & as soon as I was done with all these things when I started IE it was gone my startpage was back to normal.

Oh and by the way, I used to use Firefox, however I found that it's a bigger drag on the computers memory than IE, everything used to work slower because of it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back