Patent wars continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

The patent wars continue, this time its Kodak and Sun who are at it. Kodak is demanding $1 billion in damages from Sun. A federal jury has apparently ruled that Sun breached Kodak intellectual property when it introduced Java over 10 years ago. Even to Sun, this represents a huge sum of money which they will not give up without a fight.

WOW!

Too bad there was so few details about what the case really was about. The article The Inq linked to only had this about the specifics:
Originally posted by Rocherster and DC:
The patents describe a method by which a program can "ask for help" from another application to carry out certain computer-oriented functions. That's generally similar to the way Java operates, according to Kodak and other experts.

But doesn't that include any JIT (Just In Time) software, if not all software?

Nice find Phantasm! :)

Good point!

I would be quite the bummer for all of us who are studying/have studied java if the language went tits-up...

You could always study .NET :=).

Just kidding, as I know you guys like a little comedy. I'm sure you already know what I think about Java vs .NET, and just look at the way Java is becoming more like .NET with every new release. Enough said.

...Hey Bill, I did what you said...where's that money you promised...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back