Patrician 3 "disk verification error"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RX_Queen

Hello by the way...

Before I begin, I think I should say that my knowledge of PCs isn't great. I'm a gamer and spend a lot of time with my computer, but wouldn't know one board from another. So, please understand you're dealing with somewhat of a technical novice!..

I recently acquired a copy of Patrician 3, and am desperate to play it. The installation went fine, but every time I try to play the thing it checks the disk, and spews out "disk verification error". I've never encountered this particular problem before, so I wouldn't have a clue as to why it seems to have a problem verifiying itself, or what I should do to make the problem disappear.

If anyone could give me any help at all, I would be enternally grateful!

Thanks!

To be honest, I'm afraid that if I erase or remove any programs I won't be able to put them back on again. I think my general ignorance over anything PC-related is probably to blame for my reluctance.
Not even sure what 'Toca' or 'Starforce' is, nor whether my PC contains either.

Have tried re-installing several times - I don't tend to give up easily.

However, have since managed to get any game on my PC through changing compatibility (a suggestion I got off company website), and admit I haven't thought about trying the same with Patrician 3. May well give that a go. You never know.

Ahuh!

I found something!
Kindly not listed on their patch download website cause it's only a beta (but is actually from Ascaron).
ANd it fixes the problem!!! Simply copy and paste the 2 files over into the Patrician 3 main folder and enjoy ^_^:
Patrician 3 1.1b Patch

Works for me so... Goodluck!

It's brilliant that you found the patch, and when I get my PC onto the internet I will use it! Just have to wait a few weeks until I get the net :)

Thank you, Kiss!

RX_Queen said:
It's brilliant that you found the patch, and when I get my PC onto the internet I will use it! Just have to wait a few weeks until I get the net :)

Thank you, Kiss!

My pleasure.
Well assuming she is on a public computer, they don't always have fancy devices as burners. Atleast it isn't a big download, so even if she got dial up wouldn't take to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back