Pay what you want: Get 93+ hours of front-end web development training

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

pay javascript developer programming html 5 css3 php pay what you want jquery mysql

If you have any interest in designing and building your own websites from scratch, be sure to get this bundle of over 93 hours of in-depth front-end web development training. The best part? You pay what you want. 

The 7 courses included in this e-learning bundle teach you all the basics of front-end web design. You’ll learn jQuery, JavaScript, CSS3, HTML5, PHP, and MySQL with 93+ hours of video training taught by experts. After taking these courses, you’ll have the foundation to be able to create functional webpages from scratch for yourself and clients.

The courses included are:

• Web Development & Programming Course ($499 value)
  • Creative Web Design Course ($99)
  • Learning JavaScript Programming Tutorial: A Definitive Guide ($99)
  • jQuery Fundamentals Course ($149)
  • Learn to Build Beautiful HTML5 & CSS3 Websites In A Month ($50)
  • CSS & HTML Web Design for Beginners ($47)
  • Dynamic Website Design: PHP, MySQL & JavaScript Course ($99)

You can pay any price over $1 and get Creative Web Design Course ($99 value) and CSS & HTML Web Design for Beginners ($47). However, if you beat the average price (currently under $7), you’ll unlock the full bundle of courses. You’ll have lifetime access to each course and can go at your own pace. You’ll also get a certificate of completion for each course.

Be sure to grab this deal from the TechSpot Store before it ends on 3/8 at 11:59PM PST. Hit the link below for more information and to get yours today!

Pay What You Want: Front-End Developer Bundle at the TechSpot Store

Masthead image: Space Ghost by Mads Frantzen

Permalink to story.

Anyone know if this is open to people outside USA, and also do you have to buy any other software. Adobe Creative suites and photoshop are mentioned.
thanks

I bought it in the UK just to have a look and see if it's any use to me. No major loss for the equivalent of $7 if it turns out to be somewhat "Meh".
Already familiar with JScript and somewhat JQuery but more reference materials are seldom a bad investment.

In what format are these delivered?
Seems it's all courses run by Udemy.com. Says lifetime access, so probably all hosted online. Not Kindle/Ebook/PDF etc. as far as I can tell. Will be having a look later this evening (UK time, ~15:00 here just now) and will post back some more details on the format, but of course by then the offer may have ended!!!!! If it's going back to basic "This is a computer" level I'll probably be somewhat disappointed. Most online courses I've picked up or investigated seem to be quite over priced to begin with and have hugely reduced special prices frequently.

In what format are these delivered?
Seems it's all courses run by Udemy.com. Says lifetime access, so probably all hosted online. Not Kindle/Ebook/PDF etc. as far as I can tell. Will be having a look later this evening (UK time, ~15:00 here just now) and will post back some more details on the format, but of course by then the offer may have ended!!!!! If it's going back to basic "This is a computer" level I'll probably be somewhat disappointed. Most online courses I've picked up or investigated seem to be quite over priced to begin with and have hugely reduced special prices frequently.

I've done a couple of these already.

The format depends on the instructor. Most of the time it's a video of the instructor's screen while they explain or demonstrate what they are talking about.

They also have an app so you can watch/do these lessons on the go, but I haven't tried that yet.

Most stuff on the store ships worldwide (even physical goods), and 100% confirmed this and other online courses can be bought worldwide. Bundles don't include Adobe or other third-party software, though you can work on your skills and learn HTML, CSS, jQuery and others with no more than a good text editor like Sublime Text and your web browser.

Also there's a ton more information specific about each part of the courses at the Store:

pay-what-you-web-dev-frontend.png

Looking forward to your feedback @Arris.

I signed up and paid $7. Shared the link on FB. This is not something I have every day to work on but I'm still interested to learn.

Thanks TS.

Payment is where I got stuck, tried using 2 of my cards both gave errors had to create a paypal account through which I was able to buy the bundle.

Can't even get on the site anymore as Avast blocks it saying certificate has been revoked. Whichever of the links on site I try

Web Design - HTML & CSS For Rookies:
Dull presentation, seems to just throw in explanations when they realise they are doing something they haven't covered. No real progressive structure to help those who are actually rookies. Often refers to w3schools.com. Several examples look like they were lifted straight out of it. Used it before and a good free resource in comparison to this 'course'. Would have been disappointed to pay £76 for this.

jQuery Fundamentals Training:
Mostly pages to read. Not what I would call a course. Course order is mixed up. Does an review of "Scope" lesson before presenting you with the reading material on the subject. Will confuse lots of people. 20% of the way through the 'course' before they mention jQuery. Spent a lot of time on Javascript. I'd have considered that to be a pre-requisite to this course.
http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/default.asp pretty much does a better and more straight forward introduction to jQuery. A lot of the reading material has tags for formatting that haven't been applied by whatever editor was used to generate the course material resulting in further confusion (e.g. <strong><em>element</em>.getElementsByTagName(<em>tagName</em>)</strong> when the query they want to show is element.getElementsByTagName(TagName)) With the included code and exercises is a better learning aid than the HTML & CSS course.

back-to-school-web-development-and-programming-bundle:
Split into too many parts. Probably to make it seem better value.
Greeted after each 2 minute 'lecture' with "Welcome back everybody, alllllright". Gets very irritating. Just read w3schools.com instead. Covers the majority of things in this course syllabus. Section 7 can save you from doing all the previous sections. It's titled "Review" but is a much more condensed version. Shows how un-necessarily split up all the previous "lectures" were.

Note: I'll update as I go through the remainder of the courses.

Last edited:
Back