TechSpot

PayPal to address the future of space currency

By David Tom
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It might seem premature, but PayPal wants to capitalize on the future of space currency. In a presentation that seemed more like science fiction than reality, the e-commerce provider announced its plans for PayPal Galactic. To bring the concept to...

Read more

2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 903   +52

That's never going to work, everyone knows space money is 'credits'.

BlueDrake and Jesse like this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,097   +1,522

OMFG, we are so not there yet. Talk to me again, when we are no longer dependent on fossil fuel for aircraft propulsion.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

Now this is baloney.

learninmypc likes this.
  5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

Come back in a hundred years maybe...

6. I bet the fees will be... astronomical.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. ypsylon

ypsylon TS Rookie Posts: 47   +6

I wonder what exchange rates are for Gold Pressed Latinum?

8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Ok Ebay, you have created a currency in 2013 that probably wont be used until 2100. We dont even know how to use warp drive!!! Hence, we cant get into space with the current transportation we have.

9. To all of you who had survived and for some (stupid) reason reading it (instead of Shakespeare), we were wrong we destroyed ourselves before even getting to accomplish that ... over ? hello ? can you hear me ?

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,815   +921

I figure space travel will be real similar to being in a penitentiary. If you have smokes and a shiv you made in metal shop, you'll be able to run the place. Forget that ray gun s***, it would just punch a hole in the hull.

11. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +152

Space tourism seems to be becoming more mainstream every year, Although I do agree this is maybe a little premature.

12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,815   +921

Ground control to Major Guest......take your protein shake and leave your helmet alone......

(OK, Mr. Bowie, I truly am sorry for butchering your hit song for the sake of a cheap laugh. That said, I'd do it again in a heartbeat:cool: ).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.