PC being annoying on startup, unrecognised things in hjt log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, lately my pc has been annoying on startup by not loading all of the programs correctly

I think most of the annoyances I've been having have happened since I turned UAC off (I have windows vista ultimate ;))

I just ran a HJT scan and it has things in it that I don't recognise so I thought it best to post it here and see if anyone else knows what they are

Thanks for looking and any help is appreciated :)

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
There are a few suspicious-looking entries in your HijackThis log.

Please navigate to www.virustotal.com.

Click the Choose... button.

Navigate to the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwave.dll

Click Open. Then click Send File.

Wait until it's done scanning, then copy and paste the results into a Notepad file and save it on your computer. Attach the file in your next reply.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Daveskater only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

I just realised that I was a bit unclear before, by things I didn't recognize in the log I meant like the O13, O11 etc

I have attached the results now

there's probably some stuff at the top that's not needed but it's better to have too much than not enough ;)

Attachments

• qwave.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 5
Could you run the qwave scan again? It looks like it was stopped prematurely. Wait until it says it's done.

You can fix the O13 and O11 entries.

This thread is for the use of Daveskater only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

ok i'll run it again but i didn't touch it until it said finished at the top :)

---

the scan's finished and it's come up the same as before

cool, that kind of is but kind of isn't what i wanted to hear haha :D

it's just that startup programs don't load properly, sometimes the processes will start but the actual program will not show up, so i suspected an infection

i'll take a look at the thread about speeding up my pc though and see what happens

thanks for your help :)

You're welcome.

I'm not sure why stuff doesn't start up properly; perhaps opening a new thread in our Windows OS forum would help.

ok i could try that :)

i'm going on holiday for a week from tomorrow though so i'll do it when i get back ;)

thanks for your help though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back