PC Booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc does not turn on correctly. All of the pins for the front panels are positioned according to the manual, but when i push the power button the fans flash on 4 times for about a half second each time and then nothing happens
Please help

Hi, try to reset CMOS, disconnect all hardware like cd-roms, hdd , floppy, ect.. then try to start MOBO.

nothing comes on he screen b/c the computer never gets achance to boot
and
The fans spin a little each time the power flashes on

I notice that you have posted the same problem three different times. Please list the components of your system. It might suggest a solution.

That said, have you connected all the power connections on your motherboard? Let's start there.

Motherboard:ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe socket-939
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Processor Model
Case: JPAC-ATX Mid Tower (came with power supply that worked for a bit, but i was told it would burn out so i replaced it)
Power Supply: XION-450 Watt ATX 12V
RAM: Centon DDR 512MB PC2700
HDD: WDCaviar-SE-7200RPM 160GB-8MB Cache/100 MB/s
DiskDrive: LiteON-Combo Drive 52x32x52x CD-RW & 16x DVD-ROM
Graphics:pNY Geforce 7600 GS 256MB DDR2
Case fans: 80mm case fans

could it possibly be the psu b/c before i replaced the old one it worked fine
but the new one i replaced it with was brand new

It's possible for even a brand new power supply to go bad. Do you have another you can hook up for test purposes?

Hey there, I had the same problem with my computer. Hopefully yours doesn't need what mine did... I ended up replacing the power supply with a bigger one, and had to wait over a week to get it back from newegg... then once I got the new one, it ended up being the mobo that was dead. Had to wait another week to get that back... Once both were replaced, it worked fine. I would try replacing the power supply first, and if it still does it, the mobo. Hope this helps. -Dennis

It won't post or boot without RAM so testing without it wouldn't tell you much about the motherboard, I think.

XION is not the best PSU company. I have read reviews regarding them. Basically when you get a XION PSU. You toss it and replace it with something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back