PC Boots up only after CMOS reset

So the problem is quite simple and yet very strange.

Every time I turn off my PC, it wont turn on again until I press reset CMOS button on the motherboard.
What WILL happen before I decide to press the button is this:
1. I press power button.
2. PSU turns on for half a second.
3. Some click sound happens.
4. PC turns off.

The whole process is repeated infinitely.

The computer is about 2 years old and this problem hasnt occured before. Also I didnt make any changes prior to this problem.

note1: after I press reset cmos button, the pc works perfectly once is boots up... I can (if I want to) make changes to bios even and it will work. It only has problem to turn on from "powered off" position.
note2: I will add detailed specs if needed but I really dont think its neccessary.
note3: I dont make any changes to bios after I reset it using the button.

Any power supply can fail, even good brands. That's why there is a warranty period. Do you have access to another power supply to test with?

Last edited:
Any power supply can fail, even good brands. That's why there is a warranty period. Do you have access to another power supply to test with?
I can ask around so I will definitely check this out AFTER I buy a new battery for the motherboard.

SOLVED (at least for now)
I got a battery from another factory new motherboard :)D) and it fixed the issue.
TLDR Brand new battery == win.

ps. its weird how ive never hard to replace battery in computers that ive used way longer than this one...

Back