PC Card Adapter

By poohmomj
May 5, 2007
  1. I have a new laptop wireless ready. I want to get a Wireless G Kit, but I do not have a PC Card Slot on my laptop. Is there an adapter for USB ports?
  2. Tedster

    Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

    There are many USB wireless G cards. look 'em up.
  3. halo71

    halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

    Maybe I am a little lost. But you have a new laptop that is "wireless ready" and you are asking about a wireless card or USB adapter? I would almost bet that if its a new one in already has wireless built in. What do you have? Make and model?

    Tedster????? geez man, were you being shot at over there while you typed that?? :D
  4. Nodsu

    Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

    If your laptop is "wireless ready", then it probably means that you can buy a mini-PCI wireless card that goes inside the laptop. You should check with the laptop manufacturer to find what what your exact options are.

    Yes, there are USB Cardbus slots available, and as Tedster said, there are also wireless adapters that plug straight to USB ports.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...