"PC - cillin" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

[1]Not sure where this came from, but after an Ad Aware search run, I more than often get a PC- cillin pop-up, that automatically runs, looks harmless enough, could it have been foisted on me?, I certainly didn't d/load it,
Does this happen much, AV programmes "given" to you?

[2]I ran Ad Aware today, [free version] Sept 3rd, the last time I ran it was Aug 31st [been in hospital] when I ran it today, it gave me the results again, of the 31st, no mention of today's search run.

[3] I still can't an answer from anyone at TS, if Idelete all in Ad Aware's quarantine, do they actually go? they are not released into my system?, I ask, as, when I deleted the trojan affected file, I was told I had the same virus again, & it re-appeared in their vault,.....a coincidence?

Maurice

When you delete Ad Awares quarantine files, they are deleted, removed from the system. What happened to you is a coincidence.

Thanks MYOB, Wot, no comment about the the guy with his finger OUT of the ****?

Was PC- cillin, snuck in to me on the sly,........anybody?

Maurice

I agree with MYOB.
I also lead a live, where at times I am NOT glued to my keyboard.

As it was, I happened to be enjoying the glorious weather on the terrace of my local, with guess what?

I never assumed that you were "glued", you're obviously too sensible a fella to be sat in front of a PC all your spare time, I'll be thinking of you, spending most [?] of this marvellous weekend, on that pub terrace, supping that strange golden brew, with great views, I guess, & I'm equally sure that you then DON'T go home, & demand your Sunday lunch, no wind up, an educated guess. It's very hot on the island, as well, by the way, [29 degrees yesterday] & carrying on 'til at least Friday.
Of course, I can't speak for that southern person, 'spect when he reads these he'll have something to say, true to form, he won't be able to resist!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

We installed PCCIllin free of charge, it comes as part of the software package with the motherboard and we install it as a courtesy.

We also install a free version of adaware. Might I suggest that some of the warnings these software packages are giving you may be due to the 'free' software you download, ie these free toolbars, searchbars, smilies, comet cursors, bonzai buddies etc.

I did warn you that they are not a good idea and that your laptop when you bought it in to us was loaded with things that are 'questionable'.

I would advise you not to install all these so called useull freebies you find on the internet, 9 times out of 10 they are mal/spyware.

If you need anymore assistance please dont hesistate to call me at the shop.

Best wishes,

Glen @TS.

See the replies I have given to to your other two comments, I appreciate your comments as always,.....are you going to pop up every time I contact TS?

Maurice.
**I am not d/loading toolbars, etc., etc., as you said. It's a case of once [?] bitten, twice shy,.....why don't you believe me?

In this context, (assuming TailoredSystems is your new PC supplier and "techie"), may I advise you to download and install Mozilla Firefox?
Get it here
http://www.mozilla.org/
Then stop using Internet Explorer altogether, except for Windows Update.
Firefox is much more reliable than IE, has built-in popup-stopper etc. and does not let creepy websites install searchbars etc. onto your PC without your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back