Pc Constantly Crashes , BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksonp06

Hello,

I've been dealing with constant crashes for over a month now, at first it was just the browser exiting randomly. Then it started to crash rarely, until it has become very frequent. Sometimes it'll run for a couple hours, but most of the time it'll run for about 10 minutes then I get a BSOD that usually just gives me the tech info.

Stop:0x0000007f (0x0000000D) (0x00000000) (0x00000000) (0x00000000)

I've updated my drivers, and searched around for possible answers, but have not been able to find a clear solution. Sometimes I do get an error message on the BSOD, usually "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "BAD_HEADER_POOL".

Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated, and if any other info is needed please ask I'll be glad to scrounge it up.
=]

Couple things to help us help you:
Have you recently added or removed any hardware?
Have you recently added any software?
Have you checked your Event Viewer for any more descriptive errors? If so what are the errors just before crash time?
Have you checked your temperatures?
Have you ran memtest on your RAM?

Ok it was more than a couple :)

No new hardware, I've done system restores and even full factory restores, the error log shows quite a few hang ups in my Mozilla Browser and Mcafee Virus Scan seems to error as well, I removed Mcafee and tried to use other browsers to no avail.
My temps I checked with the program speedfan, and all but one was always ok , temp 3 I do believe it was would occasionally be high, but was never able to figure out which temp that was referring to.

I've read about memtest software, but no I haven't ran any tests yet.

go in to dos and format your hard drive
reinstall windows from bios
reinstall ALL your drivers
reinstall bios
and its as fresh as the day you bought it

LOL, that is a bit extreme Intel-FREAKIUM. And there is no need to format from DOS, just format from the OS install.

Anyway, Jacksonp06, unless anyone else has a better idea in the meantime I'd google up memtest (probably www.memtest.com or .org or maybe memtest86) and download it. It is very small, and you burn as a bootable cd (get the iso) and just run that when you've got a few spare hours (or overnight). If that comes up clean, then we'll have to dive into this a bit deeper.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

ok reading through the posts, noticing that my rail voltages are slightly below what they should be at the moment, downloaded memtest gonna run that tonight, and once i finish going through the threads I'll see if i need to post the minidumps.

Thank you

Ok, no problem mate.

Incidentally, a bugcheck of 7F is usually associated with faulty or incompatible ram.

However, a failing or underpowered psu can and will cause all manner of crashes etc.

1. run memtest 86+ from a floppy or CD to check your ram. Test for 7 passes or more.
2. Check your PSU with a tester tool AND a multimeter.

howard thank you, I've downloaded memtest and will be runnin it tonight, also been reading on your other posts, and have found alot of useful things, I'll post minidumps as soon as I figure out how to do that =] I'll google it haha

Oh , and Tedster, tester tool and multimeter? would speedfan work? its showing that my 3.3v is at 3.26, 5v is at 4.95, and 12v is at 11.58

And also is there anyway to know which temp is what on my computer on speedfan? I've looked around =/

Ooo ty :)

Just found out which temps are which by using everest , gonna go clean out my fans, heatsinks and RAM and see if it becomes more stable :D

Here are those minidump files, gonna run through my daily routine see if cleaning my things helped, didn't look too dirty. I clean fans and heatsink quite routinely.

and cleaning didn't fix it, trieng to figure out how to get this cd to run so I can do the memtest at the moment

The BSOD crashes are caused by (ALCWDM.SYS) the realtek audio driver. Are you using Skype?

Jacksonp06 said:
and cleaning didn't fix it, trieng to figure out how to get this cd to run so I can do the memtest at the moment

No Floppy? You must set the CD as the first device in the bios boot sequence

Oo So its th RealTek Driver, whats that mean? haha

And no I'm not using skype.

Do I need to update it ?

And I burned the ISO image with another program said it was fine so gonna try that here very soon.

Thank you by the way All this help has taught me alot and I'm very grateful

2 minidumps crash at ALCXWDM.SYS, which is your onboard sound drivers and have bugchecks of 7F.

2 minidumps crash at win32k.sys. This is a Windows OS driver and is not the culprit. They have bugckeck of 0A and 7F respectively.

1 minidump crashes at ntkrnlmp.exe, this is another Windows OS file and is not the culprit. It has a bugcheck of 19.

I still think you have a hardware problem, and faulty ram would be my number one suspect.

Jacksonp06 said:
Oh , and Tedster, tester tool and multimeter? would speedfan work? its showing that my 3.3v is at 3.26, 5v is at 4.95, and 12v is at 11.58
+ or - 10% is a general rule.
+ or - 5% if you want to be really critical.

5% off of 3.3V is 3.135V, yours is 3.26, safe.
5% off of 5V is 4.75V, yours is 4.95, safe.
5% off of 12V is 11.4V, yours is 11.58, safe.

Those are nearly perfect values, your PSU is fine :)

ok ty howard and sng, I'm having a problem getting my iso cd rom to boot ?

is there anything I need to set to make it boot from cd ?

hm, how exactly do I do that ? :(

I'll google it

[Hm, guide I just read says you have to select it from the BIOS menu?]

Also just got a new crash bugcheck - Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000004, 0x000000002, 0x00000000, 0x804E7EBD)

You need to go into your motherboard BIOS and make your optical drive your first boot device. The ISO creates a bootable CD, so you don't have to worry about that.

Hm I have a problem there, My BIOS has a password, nooooo idea what so ever as to what that password could be, is there ways to reset the bios password ?

Maybe taking the battery out of the motherboard for a short period of time ?

I don't know if Jacksonp06 has a boot sequence option on boot up. Many newer motherboards do. I forgot about the Memtest86 ISO being bootable. I still use the floppy method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back