TechSpot

PC continually reboots

By coroner7
Sep 19, 2005
  1. My pc is running a PIII 933 MHz processor, and over the weekend when I booted up, it gave a 'Video card failed to initialize' message, then it hung. I rebooted it and now it continues to loop through the reboot procedure, with no error message. I swapped out the video card, and that didn't work. I also swapped out the hard drive, thinking maybe the HD is bad, but that didn't work either. So now I'm stuck with a loopy computer! Could it be the BIOS or the motherboard, possibly? Help!

2. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Hi
    Considering how old a system running a 933 is today, and from what you've described, I would say the mobo is flakey. Can you try the cpu and ram in another system?

Don't get me wrong though, a 933 is fine for anything on the web as far as browsing and older games goes.

3. Uber Noob

Uber Noob TS Rookie

when does it hang ? sounds to me like a bad driver is in the mix. reinstal windows my friend.

4. coroner7

coroner7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

the pc boots up, shows the windows 2000 loading screen, then reboots.

5. coroner7

coroner7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Woops! The pc boots up, shows the windows 2000 loading screen, then reboots.

6. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Well, barring hardware, the prob must be software.
    Fancy a fresh install of windows?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.