Pc crash when surfing the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joinx

When connecting to the net my pc crashes.I am working on a windows xp sp 2.
Pentium 3.
here is the minidump..thx

Hi

Can you give a little more details? Was your internet connection working prior to that? Give me some more specs of your pc. Do you have antivirus? How old is your pc?

More details please!

How much Ram?

Hard Drive?

Etc.

oki..so it is a pc i format, install xp sp2.
Internet ok..but sometimes it crashes.
I have updated all my drivers.
It's a pentium 3, 64 mb ram, updated antivirus named avast, antispyware installed.
Internet connection 56k modem dial up.
i hope it's enough.

joinx said:
xp sp2/64 mb ram
i hope it's enough.
XP SP2 should be running on a bare minumum of 256MB.128MB,if you turn off all non essential processes,and only use it for email and surfing.Either double or quadruple your RAM,or put 98SE on there instead of XP.It`s surprising that you can get anything to work with 64MB.

I'm suprised XP even works with that littlle amount of RAM. Trying to surf the web with that much ram and "Dial up" would make my head explode. :knock:

It fact it's my cuosin pc..it's very rare he surf the net. So for him it's enough.
I just upgrade all his softwares etc, I think I will increase the ram.
thx to all!!

Can you even run Win98 on 64MB... Well, yes, but you have only 12MBs of free RAM that any app will eat just by opening it...

I have used a pc before that had xp pro on it with a 500 Mhz P3, 64 MB Ram, 10 GB HD and yeah for only 64MB it ran really good. It even had windows office suite, I wasnt that bad. And they STILL sell systems with 256mb with XP. My minium for myself is 1 GB of Ram but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back