TechSpot

PC Crashes "CMOS battery low"

By Aleks52
Jun 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, i got a problem with my computer, its custom built with Radeon 3870, AMD 5400+ Black Edition cpu, 4 gig ram and a Silver Power 600 watts psu. I built this computer in February this year and had it running until now. I was going to a friend on a lan but when i got there and tried to turn it on it just goes to a screen that says:
    My bios name and the name of the motherboard which is A-780GM-A, below that
    my cpu info
    Press Del to run Setup which aint working for some reason
    Press F11 for BBS Popup
    Then it says its detecting 2 sata inputs, that would be my DvD and hard disc
    Below this crap it says
    CMOS Battery Low
    CMOS Date & Time not set

BUT i have bought 2 new batteries but i get the same message.
    I can enter BIOS by pressing F1 but that dosn't help me much. I have tried to reset it to default settings and restarting but it just goes to the same place. The computer worked like a dream before i plugged it in at my friends house, I cant understand what has gone wrong.
    I have also tried to just run the computer with my CPU, one stick of ram and videocard, but i get the same message:( Any help?
  2. OLBY

OLBY TS Enthusiast Posts: 108

hi
    its maybe a virus which goes to the ram,remove the ram(memory) and turn pc on,it will give you a sound (peep),and wont turn off from the button,so remove the power cable,then reset the ram and i hope it will work as well,
    if it will keep giving battery low try cleaning the battery set place
    i hope it will help
    and for more protection use an anti-virus (i prefer avast)
  3. Aleks52

Aleks52 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yer

I have tried to take out all the ram, but it dont sound a peep or a biip at all. Nothing!
    I have used avast since i started the computer the first time ;P And i have tried to clean the whole pc. Still getting the same message.
    Im starting to belive i have fried my motherboard or something? What do u think
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.