PC Crashes "CMOS battery low"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i got a problem with my computer, its custom built with Radeon 3870, AMD 5400+ Black Edition cpu, 4 gig ram and a Silver Power 600 watts psu. I built this computer in February this year and had it running until now. I was going to a friend on a lan but when i got there and tried to turn it on it just goes to a screen that says:
My bios name and the name of the motherboard which is A-780GM-A, below that
my cpu info
Press Del to run Setup which aint working for some reason
Press F11 for BBS Popup
Then it says its detecting 2 sata inputs, that would be my DvD and hard disc
Below this crap it says
CMOS Battery Low
CMOS Date & Time not set

BUT i have bought 2 new batteries but i get the same message.
I can enter BIOS by pressing F1 but that dosn't help me much. I have tried to reset it to default settings and restarting but it just goes to the same place. The computer worked like a dream before i plugged it in at my friends house, I cant understand what has gone wrong.
I have also tried to just run the computer with my CPU, one stick of ram and videocard, but i get the same message:( Any help?

hi
its maybe a virus which goes to the ram,remove the ram(memory) and turn pc on,it will give you a sound (peep),and wont turn off from the button,so remove the power cable,then reset the ram and i hope it will work as well,
if it will keep giving battery low try cleaning the battery set place
i hope it will help
and for more protection use an anti-virus (i prefer avast)

Yer

I have tried to take out all the ram, but it dont sound a peep or a biip at all. Nothing!
I have used avast since i started the computer the first time ;P And i have tried to clean the whole pc. Still getting the same message.
Im starting to belive i have fried my motherboard or something? What do u think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back