PC Crashes using p2p

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakazz

Hi,

My PC crashes whenever I use P2P. (Limewire/Shareaza/Bit Comet)Im not too sure if it might crash if I used other non p2p programmes. My PC will freeze or restart after between 2 mins to 2 hours after using them.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling all the above and NEVER run them together, always on their own.

I have sent an error report to microsoft which suggested it was a device driver "STOP 0x000000EA
THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)"

I have tried the "work around" suggestion and turned off hardware acceleration, even disabled my graphics card but the problem persists.

I have tried the obvious such as using virus/spyware checkers, used system restore, reduced the amount of uploads/downloads, ensured versions of the software is up to date.

My cpu temp. is around 30c which I know is fine.

I have tried taking out the RAM and putting it back in again just incase it was dislodged.

I have included some info about my PC (not sure which bits are relevent)

MotherboardBoard Model: P4M800CE-8237
CHIPSET: VIA P4M800CE
SOUTHBRIDGE: VIA VT8237
SENSOR: ITE IT8705
BRAND: PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES
VERSION: 6.00 PG
DATE: 09/19/05
VERSION: AGP VERSION 3.0

via/s3g unichrome pro igp Graphics Card.

Any suggestions? This is really driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Try turning off your software firewall. P2P programs have a tendency to create/accept a lot of TCP connections very quickly, clogging up network devices and crashing network software. Better programs have options to limit the amount of new connections per second and total allowed connections.

Updating your network drivers can't hurt either.

Hi,

Thanks Nodsu, I will try that. Someone else suggested an issue with TCP/IP settings. What can I do to resolve this? What am I looking for?

Also, do you know of any programme I can run that automatically detects what drivers I need? I am a bit new to updating drivers and have found it quite difficult to find ones that microsoft like and have a digital signature. (???)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Forget about the digital signature. Even signed drivers can crash your computer and the unsigned drivers usually work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back