PC crashes when transferring songs to ipod or using itunes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Issue: When transferring songs to IPOD through the use of a PC(itunes or real player), a blue faulty screen will eventually show with some error and then my computer restarts. I have about 3800 songs for a 20GB IPOD and it seems to always stop around 4G when transferring. I tried using the IPOD on another computer and it seems to be fine.

2) Also, when I play music using iTunes, it causes the PC to crash as well, without the IPOD connected.

During the error report, it usually says there is an error with the Hard Drive(Western Digital 250 SATA 2 hard drive; hard to use a jumper to adjust to the SATA 1 settings of this motherboards) and it couldn’t’ read it for a second. It advises to to a ScanDisk?CHKDSK run, but when I do this(during reboot), it stops in STEP 4 out of 5 at 20-30% and does nothing. Did this for 1 day! Other error reports supposedly report a faulty device driver error and advise to update drivers, but I’ve updates Apple iTunes.

Contacted Hard Drive manufacturer, Western Digital, and they believe it is a controller device driver issue or something related. Tried updating the bios. Tried installing the VIA 4 for 1 drivers and other drivers in the Motherboards Installation CD. Running a Disk Tools before the OS even shows itself, reports no errors. However, when you are partially booted and the computer is scheduled to check the disk, there are errors(won’t move.)

A3) lso, if I have a USB hard drive connected to the PC(such as an IPOD or external usb hard drive), sometimes the computer switches boot devices(hard drives) and thinks that the IPOD/External Hard drive is the boot device. This is also reflected in the BIOS and the USB connected hard drive replaces my main SATA hard drive(western digital) and my computer doesn’t completely reboot unless I go under the BIOS and change it. It’s weird because I DO NOT CHANGE THE BIOS. For some reason, it changes on its own.

This only crashes when using iTunes or connecting IPOD to Computer.

Have seen Hard Drive Error and ,"KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

I have no idea what’s going on. Please Help Me.

My system: ASUS K8V-X, Athlon XP 3200+, 1gb corsair ddr ram, SATA Raid (2 generation) 250 Hard drive 8mb, BIOS: 1012.003,

Monday, February 19, 2007 System Error Error code 00000077, parameter1 c0000185, parameter2 c0000185, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 01e8b000.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 Disk The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 System Error Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000003, parameter2 86528b40, parameter3 86528cb4, parameter4 805c7478.

Hello and welcome to techspot.

I personally can't read those error code but i think basically it's the iTunes corruption error.

Have you try turning off ALL iTunes related services and processes and insert iPod? If problem persists, well maybe somehow you need to completely uninstall all iTunes - quicktime - macintosh related software.

(usually after installing iTunes ipod services is automatically turned on.)

Hello, I would just like to say that I have had the exact same problems described in this thread. I got the blue screen "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR" when I played a song in iTunes. This was the first time I got this error. I tried to repeat the error while playing songs in iTunes and got it to happen 2-3 more times with different songs. After the last time my system crashed, my hard disk was unrecoverable. Windows XP failed to boot. I originally assumed my drive was bad and I bought a new one, did a clean install of XP and reinstalled iTunes. It happened again one time. I am using a store bought HPzd8230us. After seeing someone else with the same problem I fear it may actually be an iTunes issue and I don't want to use iTunes until I know the bug is fixed. If anyone has any useful advice I would love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back