PC does not boot at all... no sounds

I've HP SR1710NX, 5yrs old pc. Mobo - ASUS A8AE-LE.
PC does not boot, not a blip or sound, nothing shows on monitor. LED glows, cpu fan runs continuously. No flickering on front LED, or any sounds at all.

I did few basic things to check.
- Disconnected everything including ram, connectors to all devices.
- Removed graphics card. hard drive. h/d good, checked with other pc.
- Checked cpu. Measured all volts on P1 20pin. All volts are measing as needed - 12v:12.28, 5v:5.13, 3.3v:3.31. ATX12v1 rail is also fine.
- Measured battery CR2032: 3v per specs.
- Reset CMOS pins.

I also did the PSU test y disconnecting everything from psu and inserting with paper clip between green and black colors of M/B power supply and psu fan rotated.
NADA. nothing worked.
Is mobo or processor dead ? Is it possible that bios screwed up?

This PC served me so well for a few years - I love this so much. I'm not yet ready to sing obituary yet I understand it's not worth replace mobo or processor.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Please ...

Before we condemn the motherboard, try another power supply. Checking the PSU voltages mean basically nothing checking them not under load. A PSU is cheaper and easier to install than a motherboard

I replaced with another PSU and just with 2 sticks of ram. Same way. Mobo does not wake up. Also checked the battery that showed full 3v. Didn't notice any leaks on the board from capacitors.

When you pull all the memory out and try to boot, do you hear continuous beeps, providing you have a speaker attached to the motherboard?

When you pull all the memory out and try to boot, do you hear continuous beeps, providing you have a speaker attached to the motherboard?

i don't hear any beeps at all! Since even without using power switch in front of the pc that it turns on itself as soon I put the power plug into the inlet of the PSU, I suspect some sort of short or something might have happened.

Back