PC freeview problems - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

I've just bought a freeview dongle for my PC off Ebay and I'm getting serious reception problems. Here are a few facts:

I have it plugged into a 2.0 port.
I have it linked up to the main rooftop areal.
My PC meets all required specs.
We have 2 other freeview boxes downstairs and they work perfectly.
No other applications are runnig whilst the tv app is on.
The channels I can pick up (only 4) work perfectly - framerates, sound, everything.

I just can't get to the bottom of it. I've got the latest drivers and everything, I just don't know what's causing the lag. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Do you have the PC freeview card connected to same ariel as the downstairs ones. Also PC tv cards generaly dont get as good reception as proper TV's, well the cards i've had anyway.

Yes, the USB freeview is connected through the exact same areal as the other TV's. This is my problem, as having it linked to the main areal should give me the best signal I can get. And I'm totally clueless of why I can't pick up as many channels too. Don't get me wrong - this tuner is great when it wants to be, it's just got really naff reception from what I can make out.

It's all right, I've found out the problem: The stupid software it runs off decided to limit the frequency it could search. I expanded the frequency and have managed to pick up 79 TV/radio channels. That explains why I couldn't pick up many AND why the ones that I could pick up had weak signal! Thanks for your help anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back