AMD 6000+ CPU
ASUS Crosshair Mobo
2 gigs (recently replaced bad ram) Corsair Dominator series
NVidia 8800 GTS
2 Western Digital 320gig hdd's
550 watt PSU
Oh, and its liquid cooled.

Dont know if I need anything else

Alright so heres the issues Im having. I had XP Pro installed, and it got to the point where I was getting so many bsod's that I couldnt be on the computer for 30 minutes before it gave me one. So, I totally wiped the drive, and installed Vista Ultimate. Problems solved, period.

So even then, I noticed that, what seemed like the hard drive, wasnt working right. It would always crash during file transfers, and during downloads. Well when I went to Vista, that stopped. Now its giving me problems again. One day, it wouldnt start period. It had given me a bsod, and after that, it would post, error, post, error, post load windows, error, post, nothing, post disk check error....... and that continued. Finally, it booted into windows. I backed some files up off my main drive to my secondary, and turned the computer off for the night. After that, it ran fine again for about a month. Now the problem is back. Only now, it gave me a bsod, and then said the registry was corrupt, and wouldnt get past post. Well, its now past post, but its like, the hard drive isnt doing anything at all. The activity light isnt blinking, I cant hear the drive.... nothing. So, what its done so far, is pass post, and go to the windows loading screen (it stopped on this screen, and the loading bar would move like usual, only this time, it stopped on this screen for 10 minutes), then, it got to the Vista logo, the one that comes up, does the windows sound, then would normally let you login. Well, it stayed on that logo, for 5 minutes, then did the sound. Then sat at a black black screen for a couple minutes. Then it went to the logo screen again, and had the little circle thing going, as if it was going to log in. Its been sitting on that screen for 15 minutes. Just as I typed that last sentence, the screen went black, and my monitor is now saying theres nothing plugged in, its just flashing red at me, though now I can hear the hard drive making its usual noises, and the light is flashing. But still.... nothing...

So, what is my problem here? Anyone have any input? I need all the help I can get here.... :( :( :(

Hard drive failure at a guess

I second that. Did you ever read the mini dumps or go to the error logs in admin tools to find the cause of the BSOD. That would have confirmed to you what was causing the problems. Now it sounds like the install is going corrupt again...like before.
If you can i would try running check disk and see what that brings...if it ever boots.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back