PC freezing whilst trying to perform any actions

Ok so I'm not quite sure whether I need to post any logs to start with, couldn't see anything specific in the sticky.

Anyway, I started up my laptop today and everything was working fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I then started it up later out of sleep mode to go and play a game with a friend (Arma 3 Beta if it helps) and the game locked up whilst loading, and my desktop colours got inverted, but I couldn't do anything, after a couple of minutes waiting a prompt came up saying that the process was not responding and gave me a force close option, but it did nothing. I rebooted and got the same problem. I tried another game and the same happened there. I thought it might be a graphics card issue so I went to open up geforce experience and that crashed too. The system also froze when I went to open up any folders on the desktop.

I booted to safe mode (after eventually finding out how to) and ran a couple of antivirus programs, and MBAM picked up a couple of things and I removed them. Rebooted and scanned again and there was nothing to report. But the problem still persists, and I am not sure why.

Specs
i7 3610QM @ 2.3GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT-650M 2GB
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
500GB Seagate Momentus XT

Thanks for any help

Will

I wasn't sure whether to put something here or there considering as I did find some signs of malware. I'll have a go with that suggestion and see if I get anything
Thanks

Back