PC gaming as healthy as ever: Steam breaks past 65 million active users

By Jos
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Here’s some news for all the doomsayers calling out the end of the road of PCs: Steam now has more than 65 million active accounts. The figure marks a 30 percent rise in players over the last year and outpaces...

Read more
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. TheDreams

TheDreams TechSpot Booster Posts: 475   +43

This is already out? I thought they still had to beta test?
  3. Q: Will steam accept credit cards outside the US? I live in the Caribbean and am thinking of going PC gaming. I am a console gamer currently and thinking about building a new PC rig.

Netflix accept my Credit card but unfortunately SONY wont accept cards outside the USA and certain other territories... so buying a PS4 for online gaming just makes no sense. My PS3 free online is the only opportunity I have to play online.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,332   +381

Where's the "like" button? :D
  5. TheDreams

TheDreams TechSpot Booster Posts: 475   +43

That seems odd to me seeming as they are a Japanese company. Though they do have Sony corporation Of America in NewYork,US this is just a US subsidiary of Sony Corporation whose headquarters are in Tokyo,Japan.

• International bank cards (credit or debit) CANNOT be used with the North American PlayStation Network registration system. A Credit or Debit card with a North American billing address must be used.
  6. lchu12

lchu12 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

As long as the billing address and credit card is within the Caribbean, you should be okay.
    TheDreams likes this.
  7. Thanks Ichu12 for the info.
  8. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 884   +86

It'd be interesting to see if hl3\ep3 will be a release title for the steambox
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,818   +1,431

If you honestly don't know, it in forum mode.
    TheDreams likes this.
  10. Steam + Path of Exile = win... Now just waiting for SteamOS.

11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,446   +619

Not out yes AFAIK... some people have reported having the feature, but they probably just got the beta.
  12. I didnt know that steam was the only "pc gaming" going on nowadays, now I know. thanks techspot!
  13. These "65 Million Active Users" will increase when GTA 5 comes in PC. Believe Me.
    lmike6453 likes this.
  14. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Of course. It'll also be the top "mounted" iso for all of 2014 and maybe most of 2015
    lmike6453 likes this.
  15. Brazilian Steam user here. They do accept international credit cards.
  16. Boilerhog146

Boilerhog146 TechSpot Member Posts: 67

Sony is obviously full of shite, yes, I have,er,had a sony account ,been a couple of years since I accessed it ,we were watching a blueray when.blueray drive quit on a just out of warranty PS3 ,had 4 games for it ,rarely turned it on , ,send mine in(70 bucks shipping) and 150 bucks for a refurb, just as cheap to go buy a new one,no waiting,

THE END...

no more sony products ,ever, here.how many others feel the same way?,forgotten accounts?... 360 elite still works fine, though it rarely gets turned on either ,my pc Rocks..
  17. Phillip Seni

Phillip Seni Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

The age of dinosaurs ended 65 million years ago.
    it's now the age of steam (OS)!
  18. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,818   +1,431

I thought I was the only one to make bad jokes. I can tell that was meant to be funny, but I don't see the humor.
  19. Phillip Seni

Phillip Seni Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

from my point of view? no. I'm a supporter of steam games. I meant it as the age of steam games and hopefully steam OS too and not to mock steam (unlike the age of the linux which is overused, imho).
    if you read all my few posts here, then you already knew I'm not witty nor sarcastic. you didn't see any humor because there was none.
  20. Boilerhog146

Boilerhog146 TechSpot Member Posts: 67

Oh ,so your not gonna be any fun at all..yeah I would love to see another option for a gaming OS,the trick will be getting developers to go along,that was allways apples problem.Not a lot of games written for iOS,my main reason for never owning a mac..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.