PC keeps freezing - Kobian mobo - please help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me please with an extremely annoying problem. I have a KOB 746 fdsx mobo and just in the last couple of days i everytime i switch on pc it just freezes and i cannot do anything with it. I have tried the following things so far :- a. checked and switched the RAM. b. checked and tried a different graphics card. c. ran a diagnostic program which didnt show any issues. d. did a system restore.

None of the above things made any difference and another strange thing that has happened is that the day the computer started giving problems when i switched it on that morning the date and time where set to 1999 and the wrong day and date.

Does anyone have any ideas what i should try now as i am just about to throw it out the nearest window.

Thanks for now

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The wrong date and time is symptomatic of a dead cmos battery. Change the cmos battery, and see if that helps.

Obviously once you have done this, you will need to go into your bios, and set the date/time and any other settings specific to your system. This is because your bios will be set to the defult settings.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thankyou very much indeed for your help. I will try and get one tomorrow and see if that works. I will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back