pc keeps rebooting after memory upgrade

By GLOCK_38
Aug 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have amd sempron 1.8ghz, via k8m800 chipset, 256mb memory, 100gb hard drive and windows xp os. after upgrading my memory from 256mb to 512mb pc reboots and keeps on doing until i shutdown, dont know what to do, please help!!!!!!!

thanks.
  2. garytman

garytman Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Are you installing the correct memory for ex. some memory is in registered modules some is pc100 pc133, ddr, ddr2 etc.. Also, did you buy another 256 chip? If so you can try to install this ram into a different dimm socket.
  3. GLOCK_38

GLOCK_38 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yes, i installed correct module pc3200 also the mobo has 2 slots for memory i swap the chip in both slot but still run the same, tried memtest86 but wasnt able to download the file.
  4. GLOCK_38

GLOCK_38 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i forgot to mention i have 256mb pc3200 ddr, does it matter if the memory is dual channel and my modo does not support dual channel, i just bought memory of 2x512mb kingston kvr400/512r. from bestbuy. thanks:)
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 9,999   +710

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.