Pc keeps restarting for unknown reason!

By itmaster007
Nov 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever I am palying the sims2 or any other demanding game requiring high-end graphics. After a couple of hours of play - of even minutes the system just resets itself and continues through post as it would after turning it on. Also when this happens the CPU ehatsink is very loud and is obviously trying to coll the cpu form a very high temp???
    Thermal seal is fine and My ATI RAedon X600 (?) has a heatsink , but no fan.

Thanks!
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Sounds like a heat issue. Get speedfan from the downloads section and/or google and get everest home edtition and use either or both to monitor your temperatures.
  3. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

When I had a 'heat sink only' graphics processor I bought a Vantec dual fan slot mount fan. It has 2 80 mm fans built in to it. There is a slider speed control (2400- 4000 rpm). This, blowing directly on my video chip kept it cool.
  4. Robin997

Robin997 Newcomer, in training Posts: 139

Hi Lawrence bud , (ICTmaster007) i am having a similar problem to you but my 9600pro monitor sometimes goes on standby and sometimes the pc restarts or even just freezes. It could be a heat issue, well I guess we will have to start a process of ilimination anf try to discover the "actual" problem, see you at work soon anyway!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.