PC keeps restarting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a new PSU(antec trupower 650w) and a new video card(geforce 8600 gts) thats when the problem started. I got to play a little bit of HL2 in high but when I tried vegas it hanged. I thought it was just normal so I just restarted the pc, but then it would either do the following:
-hang after the windows loading screen, the HDD isnt reading
-it would reset it self after the windows loading screen
-it would show the blue screen system error thingy after loading windows, then resetting itself.
-or it would go through, if im lucky.
so i thought formatting would help, but now it does the 3 things(above) when its already loading the setup files(after reformatting). now i dont have an OS just a reformatted HDD im not even sure if it formatted all right..

please i need help, i need my pc for a project.
is the problem my video card?
is it the mobo?
is it the hard drive?

Do you still have your old graphics card and does it work? If so, try swapping it in.

i finally installed my xp while using my old video card.. after installing the other drivers besides the video's i put in the 8600.. everything was running smoothly until i updated my anti virus.. it crashed.. i restarted then it restarted itself after loading windows again.. then crashed after loading windows.. i restarted again and it went through..
so i check the event viewer.. and i got this...

screen1.jpg

hmm.. well im thinking (hoping) that it was the hard drive im not sure..

Nope, norton is your problem, its absolute crap.

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

keiiyondaime said:
I recently installed a new PSU(antec trupower 650w) and a new video card(geforce 8600 gts) thats when the problem started. I got to play a little bit of HL2 in high but when I tried vegas it hanged. I thought it was just normal so I just restarted the pc, but then it would either do the following:
-hang after the windows loading screen, the HDD isnt reading
-it would reset it self after the windows loading screen
-it would show the blue screen system error thingy after loading windows, then resetting itself.
-or it would go through, if im lucky.
so i thought formatting would help, but now it does the 3 things(above) when its already loading the setup files(after reformatting). now i dont have an OS just a reformatted HDD im not even sure if it formatted all right..

please i need help, i need my pc for a project.
is the problem my video card?
is it the mobo?
is it the hard drive?
Everything rik said (I use Advast, never any problems)
Do you have the extra connection hooked-up to the card from the psu that is required? Forgive the dumb question but I've seen this happen more than once so please dis-regard if this doesn't apply.

yup.. i connected the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the psu to the card.
it crashed again. *sigh* i think it maybe the card thats giving me the prob.
so im going to try my old card again *sigh* ill try it for a day and if its still giving me problems ill post. not sure about the anti-virus. coz ive been using it before and 3 pc at our home are running it and theyre not having any probs. but ill check it out thanks.

im currently using my old card now then it crashed while im watching a video.
i got a BSOD like this when I restarted
10-05-07_1259.jpg

i checked the eventviewer and got this:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 f000e2c3, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 805a32ec, parameter4 00000000.

can anyone help me with this? not sure whats wrong..

PC keeps crashing while playing games

hey Folks....I am having serious trouble with my new PC......the specs are..
Intel MB...
Core 2 duo 2.0 ghz...
Ati Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb
1 GB ram Kingston
60GB IDE Harddrive
Windows XP Professional
Ok so when ever i am playing a game after a while (approx 15-45 min) the computer reastarts and when it comes back on it gives me a windows error the one that says "we have created a error reprot to send to microsoft blah blah blah.....Send or dont Send....

When i find out what causes the problem it says the temp files in local settings.....

Any Clue........I am open to any suggestions......just as long as they dunt blow my PC up..... ;)

i tested my rams and i found out.. the other one is the one causing all the problems -_-; can any one suggest a good RAM for me?? im planning on going 2gb now so i can upgrade to vista in the near future... my mother board is a gigabyte model GA-M55SLI-S4.. i think it can handle 800mhz..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back