TechSpot

PC monitor advice

By EDO219
Sep 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. To accompany my new desktop, I am searching for a decent backlit LED monitor with a high resolution and a screen size circa 22". Preferably, I would like to spend no more than $200 on one. Here are the two I'm currently considering:

LG E2250T
    • 21.5" screen (diagonally)
    • 1920 x 1080 resolution
    • DVI and VGA port
    • 5 ms
    • $170

Samsung BX2235
    • 21.5" screen (diagonally)
    • 1920 x 1080 resolution
    • DVI and VGA port
    • 2 ms
    • $180

Has anyone been able to tell a difference between 5 ms and a 2 ms response times? I would be using the monitor for PC gaming and my PS3.

2. techsuitor

techsuitor TS Rookie Posts: 131

the lower the number the faster it is . :)

3. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 212

hehe Yeah, but is the difference actually noticeable?

4. techsuitor

yeah.. the difference of 3ms is very important ..

5. EDO219

I guess I'll have to stop being so cheap and pay up the meager $10 extra. lol

6. techsuitor

haha.. yeah.. $10 difference is considerable after all :)

7. jaydeee

jaydeee Banned Posts: 21

Samsung is my favorite brand of monitor.
    guess clarity is far better than other brand. :)

go for samsung!

8. techsuitor

Haha..
    @ jaydee -- You have a point :)

9. EDO219

This Samsung BX2235 is one of the most vivid monitors I have ever seen and it is absolutely the lightest I have ever encountered of this size.

Tigerdirect gave me free 3 to 5 day shipping and it miraculously arrived the very next day. The monitor is very high quality. It's "buttons" are touch activated and the transparent trim is elegantly complemented by a subtle fuchsia tone. Thus far, I have tested it on two different computers and no drivers were required. Simply plug and play.

What most impressed me about this monitor was its perfectly even back-lighting. There are absolutely no visible waves of brightness where the old-school lamps typically are. The LEDs really shine through on this point.

SUMMARY ... The Samsung BX2235 is a great option for any one looking to buy their first external monitor or upgrade from anything 5+ years old. A side by side comparison of the Samsung BX2235 to a year-old, average lamp-lit LCD will clearly show this Samsung model to be superior in color vibrancy. However, the difference isn't worth $180 unless the user is very active in graphics design and photo-editing.

Did I mention it only uses 18 watts? :D

10. techsuitor

lol!!:haha: you can be a sales agent Pygmus..
    Well, this monitor is awesome!