pc online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need some help from anyone. I got broadband (cable) from charter about 2 weeks ago and everything has been working great.fast sufing and downloads-everything i wanted.anyways, i bought battlefield 1942 and installed it and upgraded the version to 1.4 the only problem is i cant get it to connect to a server for online gaming.the ping numbers are good and i pick a server for my version of the game.im not picking the road to rome servers or anything.i talked to ea and charter but no help so i came here.i dont know how to fix this.

when i try to connect it usually fails to connect to the server or the screen goes black and the game quits. i did get contact with a server once but the game was lagging big time and i got kicked from the server.also my computer meets all of the requirements.someone pls help me.

this is my system specs:

Processor: 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4
Number of Processors: 1
RAM: 256 MB
RAM Type: SDRAM
16x cd/dvd
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 2 ultra
Graphics RAM: 64 MB

also when i do get the game to get into an online game it says warning connection problem detected
player -------- ping exceeds xxx max of xxx
name my ping recommended ping???
after that i get kicked from the server and the game quits

log on to gamespy

maybe an issue with your direct connect to the internet.........and, with a gf2 ultra and the network you're on...you're a laggin'.....obviously enough to be put out to trash.....the ping determines gameplay for all involved, so they are not very tolerant about your......ping;)

My bet is your firewall...

Although I don't recommend it, try setting your computer as a "DMZ Host" temporarily on your router and see what happens. You may also want to make sure XP's firewall is disabled. For more information on XP's firewall or DMZ host, please consult the appropriate manual or find it online.

DMZ host allows the assigned computer to ignore the protection of the router. Dangerous, but a good testing method if only for a short time.

If you do not have a router, then ignore this info.. Except the XP firewall tidbit..

Also, I believe if you try to connect to a Desert Combat (mod) server and you don't have it installed or a different version then sometimes the game quits out to the desktop - at least it did for Deus and myself.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back