PC Overheating I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Guy

I've been getting a swiggly shadow line appearing behind things on my screen, like my cursor and the navigation bar on vBulletin boards.

I upgraded my GPU fan to the Arctic Cooling Rev. 2 for the 6800GT and added 3 Cooler Master 80MM fans to my PC. And, I cleaned the other 3 existing case fans & CPU fan/heatsink, but it still happens.

Right now, I'm using a big home fan to cool my PC w/ the side panel off. The swiggly shadows seem to be gone at this point.

My temperatures according to EVERST Home Edition 2.2:

Mobo: 21C
CPU: 20C
GPU: 37C
GPU Ambient: 30C

Without the big fan, my Ambient level would rise by 8 - 9, my CPU goes up to 25, 26, and GPU is at about 40 - 45.

Can someone please help me?
And if any more upgrades are necessary, I'd like to spend as less as possible. With those 4 fan upgrades recently, I've already spent 50 bucks.

Thanks for all the help in advanced.

those temps are fine... even without your house fan. so i believe your problem lies elsewhere.... have you updated your graphics card drivers and windows updates?

BTW... for 50 bucks those fans should be cooking you breakfast every morning.. lol :D:D:D

Driver update yeah, I did that like last week-ish before I bought the fan upgrades. I thought it would solve it, unfortunately not.

Window updates - nope. I don't trust what Microsoft usually puts out, but I am on Service Pack 2.

What update would I need from them? O_O

Ah goddamn, I found the problem lol. And it's pretty stupid too, the monitor cable on my 17" LCD wasn't on tight. Odd though, I find it very odd that when I used a big fan to cool my opened case PC that I didn't see the shadow swiggly lines anymore. Anyway, only 1 side was screwed in because when I bought & set it up originally I found it hard getting the other side screwed in - but I got it now & everything is going good.

Thanks for the support everyone. And buying those 4 fans wasn't really a waste since my PC literally did crash & gave me a blue screen, and wasn't able to detect my video card / monitor until I let it cool off.

I'm still worried about the Ambient temperature though. Isn't it a bit high?

It's at 38C right now.

Well mine temperatures are as following:

CPU: 45c
GPU: 90c
Mobo: 40c
GPU / Ambient: 60c

And it works fine ^^

inside the case ambient at 38 does seem a little high.... But if your room temp is at 35, its just your country being too hot. Not much you can do about it. Wouldn't be too worried about it.

And Frostyr0d's temps are just plain high. If it works, good, but I'd try to reduce it somewhat.

LOL, Thanks. Frostyr0d's temperatures makes me feel a hell lot better about mine =D

Also, if you had read the sticky on accepted temperatures, you'd find that yours is within accepted temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back