PC powering on but will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
While i was on my pc it cut off suddenly. I powered it on again and it booted into the screen where all the devices are listed but then shut off. It did this a few times before i shut it off and unplugged it from the power. The next morning when i came to power it on it didnt boot at all. The cpu fan spins and so does the fan on the power supply and the power led come on but thats it. I have tested the graphics card in another pc and it worked fine. I cannot test the RAM as it is ddr althought it has done the same thing with 4 different sticks. When i boot without the ram or anything except the cpu connected i dont get the beeps to say there is no memory. I think this is a faulty motherboard although i wanted to ask as i have little experience with computers. Any help would be greatly appreiciated.
Cheers,
Sam

Ok thanks for the replys.
I have tested the power supply and it still does not work. It is deffinately the motherboard or the pocessor as i get no POST beeps with memory removed however the relays next to the processor socket click madly. I think i may have blown the cpu if it wasnt already dead though as while testing i ran it without a heatsink for around 15 seconds and it was hot enough to burn my hand.
Any other advice is greatly appreiciated,
Sam

Is it possible that it could just be the CPU which is malfunctioning as when i power the pc up with the cpu in the front led does not come on whereas when i take the cpu out it lights up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back